Electrical Designer (Contract)
Meet one of your future colleagues!
Xwing is a cutting-edge aerospace technology company focused on revolutionizing the future of aviation. Backed by industry veterans and top-tier investors, our mission is to build a safer, more efficient, and more accessible air transportation system powered by autonomous flight. By combining artificial intelligence, proprietary software, and hardware solutions, Xwing is bringing uncrewed aircraft to commercial aviation. We are computer scientists, roboticists, and aerospace experts who are at the forefront of the transformation of the aviation industry.
Founded in 2016, Xwing is based in Northern California with offices in San Francisco and in Concord, CA. In 2021, Xwing completed the world's first fully autonomous cargo flight with a remote crew supervising the flight from the ground. In 2023, Xwing became the first company with a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification project for an uncrewed aircraft system for large aircraft.
Visit xwing.com to learn more, and see all available positions under "Careers" to join our rapidly growing team.
Who We’re Looking For:
Xwing is seeking a highly motivated Electrical Design Contractor who will own the design and construction of electrical and avionic systems that will be installed in our aircraft and labs. They will coordinate between the various departments - Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software, and Flight Test - as necessary to ensure the technical success of their designs. This role will serve as a primary point of contact for electrical wire schematic development.
Location: Remote with up to 50% CONUS company-funded travel as required
Contract duration: 4-6 months
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design electrical schematics using interface documentation for power distribution, navigation, fuel, and other aircraft systems.
- Selecting appropriate electrical components including wires, connectors, and relays to meet project requirements.
- Follow Xwing and Aerospace industry standards when preparing wire diagrams.
- Participate in troubleshooting different kinds of electrical systems and updating documentation.
- Generate ATP and pin-to-pin testing procedures for all Xwing wire harnesses
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electromechanical Drafting
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering and design of aircraft wiring
- Experience with Capital Logic and Harness applications creating wiring diagrams and harness manufacturing designs
- Knowledge of wire harness design best practices for EMI/EMC, lightning, and HIRF
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electromechanical Drafting from an ABET-accredited engineering program
- Experience with R&D design
- Strong understanding of aircraft electrical systems
- Understanding of electrical load analysis
- Experience in the design of high-reliability, safety-critical equipment (military, avionics, clinical-medical, or similar devices).
Compensation & Benefits:
Hourly salary range: $35-70. Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (EAR / ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Employer expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.