Meet one of your future colleagues!
Xwing is a cutting-edge aerospace technology company focused on revolutionizing the future of aviation. Backed by industry veterans and top-tier investors, our mission is to build a safer, more efficient, and more accessible air transportation system powered by autonomous flight. By combining artificial intelligence, proprietary software, and hardware solutions, Xwing is bringing uncrewed aircraft to commercial aviation. We are computer scientists, roboticists, and aerospace experts who are at the forefront of the transformation of the aviation industry.
Founded in 2016, Xwing is based in Northern California with offices in San Francisco and in Concord, CA. In 2021, Xwing completed the world's first fully autonomous cargo flight with a remote crew supervising the flight from the ground. In 2023, Xwing became the first company with a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification project for an uncrewed aircraft system for large aircraft.
Visit xwing.com to learn more, and see all available positions under "Careers" to join our rapidly growing team.
Who We’re Looking For:
We are seeking an experienced Electronics or Avionics Technician to aid in the installation, testing, and troubleshooting of safety-critical avionics for autonomous aircraft. In this role you will work with R&D engineers to install traditional and novel avionics, evaluate fit and function, and verify performance as we aim to certify our autonomous systems for flight.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with internal and external customers to manufacture wire harnesses and electronic assemblies as designed
- Support the manufacturing, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of flight test R&D electronics and wire harnesses
- Ensure electronic devices and systems operate efficiently and reliably.
- Create and maintain detailed records, including schematics, repair logs, and technical documentation for electronic systems and equipment.
- Understand and navigate wire harness design tools to support manufacturing.
- Creating electronic assemblies from block diagrams and schematics.
- Hands-on experience with electronics installation, wire harnesses manufacturing, soldering, and fabricating electrical/mechanical assemblies
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting schematics, technical documentation, and engineering drawings and specifications
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency in using electronic testing equipment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience
- A degree in Electronics Technology or Electrical Engineering preferred
- Knowledge of avionics systems and relevant maintenance procedures
- Familiarity with aviation regulations and standards
- Proficiency in using avionics test equipment and specialized tools
- Experience working in an R&D setting or laboratory setting
- Experience with tools such as Capital Essentials, KiCad, Visio, Lucid, Zuken
- Must be able to work in various conditions, including heights, confined spaces, and outdoor environments.
Compensation & Benefits:
Hourly salary range: $35-65. Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Equity and 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Long-term and short-term disability
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (EAR / ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Employer expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.