Human Resources Manager
Xwing is a cutting-edge aerospace technology company focused on revolutionizing the future of aviation. Backed by industry veterans and top-tier investors, our mission is to build a safer, more efficient, and more accessible air transportation system powered by autonomous flight. By combining artificial intelligence, proprietary software, and hardware solutions, Xwing is bringing uncrewed aircraft to commercial aviation. We are computer scientists, roboticists, and aerospace experts who are at the forefront of the transformation of the aviation industry.
Founded in 2016, Xwing is based in Northern California with offices in San Francisco and in Concord, CA. In 2021, Xwing completed the world's first fully autonomous cargo flight with a remote crew supervising the flight from the ground. In 2023, Xwing became the first company with a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification project for an uncrewed aircraft system for large aircraft.
Visit xwing.com to learn more, and see all available positions under "Careers" to join our rapidly growing team.
Who We're Looking For:
We’re looking for an HR Manager/Senior Manager to join Xwing’s People team. If you have a passion for aerospace and love to be part of nurturing a special company culture, this could be a great role for you. We need someone who’s not just an HR professional but loves the unique challenges and opportunities of working in a fast-growing startup. In this role, you’ll be part of a small but mighty team to drive HR initiatives, foster Xwing’s culture and help us attract and retain top talent.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Crafting and executing HR strategies that resonate with our mission and values
- Spearheading the complete employee journey, encompassing talent acquisition, onboarding, performance management, and offboarding
- Fostering a culture of innovation, diversity, and inclusion
- Collaborating with leadership to identify and address HR needs and challenges
- Managing compensation and benefits administration, including health, wellness, and retirement plans
- Developing and upholding HR policies and procedures
- Coaching managers, nurturing professional development and career growth opportunities for our exceptional employees
- Ensuring strict adherence to HR laws and regulations
- Constantly refining and optimizing HR processes to support our explosive growth and objectives
- Handling employee relations and conflict resolution
- Experience hiring, managing and mentoring a team
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field. A Master's degree is a bonus
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in HR management, with a focus on technology companies or aerospace. Startup experience is a plus
- Certification in Human Resources (e.g., SHRM, SPHR)
- Experience with HRIS (Rippling) and ATS (Greenhouse) and performance management (Lattice) tools a plus
- A working knowledge of HR laws, regulations, and best practices
- Proven expertise in talent acquisition, employee relations, performance management, and workforce planning
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, crucial for building strong working relationships at all levels
- A track record of developing and implementing HR policies and procedures
- An appreciation for aviation puns is not required but appreciated
Compensation & Benefits:
Annual base salary range: $130,000 - $160,000. Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Equity and 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Long-term and short-term disability
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (EAR / ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Employer expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.