Aviation Maintenance Technician
Xwing is a cutting-edge aerospace technology company focused on revolutionizing the future of aviation. Backed by industry veterans and top-tier investors, our mission is to build a safer, more efficient, and more accessible air transportation system powered by autonomous flight. By combining artificial intelligence, proprietary software, and hardware solutions, Xwing is bringing uncrewed aircraft to commercial aviation. We are computer scientists, roboticists, and aerospace experts who are at the forefront of the transformation of the aviation industry.
Founded in 2016, Xwing is based in Northern California with offices in San Francisco and in Concord, CA. In 2021, Xwing completed the world's first fully autonomous cargo flight with a remote crew supervising the flight from the ground. In 2023, Xwing became the first company with a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification project for an uncrewed aircraft system for large aircraft.
Visit xwing.com to learn more, and see all available positions under "Careers" to join our rapidly growing team.
Who We're Looking For:
Xwing is seeking an aviation maintenance technician to perform aircraft maintenance, modification, and repair in compliance with FAA regulations for Experimental and Certified aircraft and systems. Your work will vary daily and priorities will quickly shift, adaptability will be key to success.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Perform routine/non-routine inspections and maintenance to ensure aircraft safety and availability
- Perform modifications including fabrication and installation of automation systems
- Maintain detailed and up-to-date records of aircraft maintenance and modifications
- Complete preflight, postflight, periodic, and conditional inspections of the aircraft, and installed automation systems
- Comply with tool control in the hangar and FOD program
- Ensure compliance with all FARs, Operations Specifications, Company Policies, and Company Procedures
- Supervise work of employees per 43.3(d)
- Travel may be required to support aircraft deployments at 10% annually
- Xwing values include “Pitching in and Rolling Up”; work covering off-aircraft activities is expected
- FAA Certified Airframe Mechanic
- Experience with hand tools and basic sheet metal work
- Effective at working in a multidisciplinary team and communicating across stakeholders
- Ability to work in confined environments
- Working knowledge of 14 CFR Part 43
- FAA Certified Powerplant Mechanic
- Inspection Authorization (IA)
- Experience with the Cessna 208B Grand Caravan
- Experience with maintenance and rigging the Pratt & Whitney PT6A Turboprop
Compensation & Benefits:
This opening may be filled at experience levels SC1-SC4, the associated pay ranges from $35-$60 per hour. Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Equity and 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Long-term and short-term disability
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (EAR / ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Employer expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.