Technical Account Manager
Liftoff is the leading growth acceleration platform for the mobile industry, helping advertisers, publishers, game developers and DSPs scale revenue growth with solutions to market and monetize mobile apps.
Liftoff’s solutions, including Accelerate, Direct, Influence, Monetize, Intelligence, and Vungle Exchange, support over 6,600 mobile businesses across 74 countries in sectors such as gaming, social, finance, ecommerce, and entertainment. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Redwood City, CA, Liftoff has a diverse, global presence.
About this role:
As a Technical Account Manager, you will play a critical role in the success of our Vungle Exchange customers. Technical Account Managers serve as client-facing experts on the technical inner workings of the Vungle Exchange. Using your technical acumen, client-facing skills, and knowledge of the mobile advertising ecosystem, you will address customer questions, support technical implementation, identify and evangelize best practices and resolve technical issues with urgency. This is a high-profile role within the growing Vungle Exchange organization. We are looking for a self-starter who is comfortable working through ambiguous problems, has experience establishing new processes, and possesses a ‘no problem too big or small’ attitude. Curiosity, urgency and a desire to learn and teach others will go a long way in this role.
This role eligible for full-time remote work in one of our entities: CA, CO, ID, IL, FL, GA, MA, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OR, TX, UT, and WA. We are a remote-first company with US hubs in Redwood City, Los Angeles, and NYC.
- Become an expert on the Vungle Exchange, including all features, limitations, future-releases and work-arounds.
- Collaborate with Demand Partner Managers to build strong partnerships while ensuring technical requirements and best practices are met.
- Work directly with technical and non-technical customer contacts across the globe to address technical questions via video chat, Slack, email, and in-person.
- Manage client expectations through frequent and clear communication
- Diagnose, reproduce and resolve technical issues using technical expertise, mobile app advertising ecosystem knowledge, and all available resources.
- Escalate technical issues to product and engineering, when appropriate, using established escalation processes.
- Analyze reporting data to proactively identify revenue-impacting issues facing and areas of opportunity.
- Support third party integrations by understanding and documenting technical integration details, supporting launch testing and maintaining relationships with technical contacts.
- Create internal and/or external documentation and processes for common issues and tasks.
- Technical degree is preferred but not required
- 2+ years of experience working at an agency trading desk, SSP, Exchange, or DSP
- Deep familiarity with the OpenRTB protocol and VAST and MRAID specifications
- Experience troubleshooting reporting discrepancies and common reasons they may occur
- Experience using Looker and writing SQL queries
- Familiarity with SDKs, MMPs, SKAN, CPI, and ROAS, specifically in mobile advertising
- Knowledge of inventory transparency frameworks (GDPR, TCF, CCPA, ads.txt, viewability, etc.)
- Ability to read and write technical documentation independently
- Strong relationship builder that is comfortable working directly with clients to resolve issues quickly over video chat, Slack, email and in-person
- Ability to collaborate with Product team members to drive platform innovation, ensuring the RTB platform satisfies or exceeds market needs
- Ability to recognize business usage and utilize capabilities within third party vendor services
- Experience with mobile app SDKs is a plus
- Occasional travel to client or company sites may be required
Liftoff offers all employees a full compensation package that includes equity and health/vision/dental benefits associated with your country of residence. Base compensation will vary based on candidate location and experience. The following are our base salary ranges for this role:
- SF Bay Area, New York City, Los Angeles, Orange County: $115,000 - $140,000
- Seattle/Olympia, Austin, Boston, San Diego, Santa Barbara: $105,000 - $130,000
- All other cities in our approved to hire states: $95,000 - $120,000
Liftoff is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. Liftoff is further committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of sex, gender (including sexual harassment, gender harassment, and harassment due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, gender nonconformity, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition(s), genetic information of an individual or family member of the individual, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status, family care status, requesting or taking pregnancy, parental or disability leave, requesting an accommodation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. All such discrimination and harassment is unlawful and will not be tolerated. Liftoff maintains a continued commitment to equal employment opportunity and expects the full cooperation of all personnel.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Liftoff does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or Recruiting Team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Liftoff vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Recruiting Team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Liftoff Recruiting Team and such a candidate was submitted to the Liftoff Recruiting Team via our Applicant Tracking System.