Robotic Simulation Software Engineer
About the job
Want to help build a better world powered by automation? Want to join a creative, mission-driven team? At READY, we’re building Forge/OS, the next-generation industrial OS for robots and automation. Forge/OS empowers customers to take a software-first approach to automating the dirty and dangerous tasks involved in making the myriad of goods enjoyed by all of us every day. Our hardware-agnostic platform enables software applications to be deployed across robots from different vendors through a common set of APIs. These software applications in turn enable operators to program tasks and manage robot work cells with minimal training.
We seek a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Robotic Simulation Software Engineer. If you’re passionate about making an outsized impact on the world, then this is your opportunity to join a team of like-minded people on our mission to improve the quality of life for everyone by making automation more accessible and widely available. This is a full-time position where you will be working with a dedicated team of professionals in a fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative environment.
The ideal candidate is excited about manufacturing, robotics, is detail-oriented, and self-driven to ensure that READY Robotics delivers the best product possible.
Your Core Responsibilities
- Design and build manufacturing simulation tools atop an existing python-based simulation platform
- Contribute to a build, test, and release process to quickly launch stable code to customers
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure parity between features available in the real world and in simulation
- Support other teams in ensuring that Forge/OS remains a leading Robotic Automation Platform
Ideal Qualifications for the Role
We generally want to see candidates with the following qualifications apply for this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with programming/scripting simulation tools for robots (NVIDIA Isaac Sim, Gazebo, MuJoCo) -or- experience with programming within game engines (Unity, Unreal Engine)
- Experience with 3D environments, environment design, or tools for interacting with 3D environments/objects
- Experience with Python in a simulation role -or- C# in a simulation role plus basic familiarity with Python
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Demonstrated understanding of linear algebra
- Experience writing and shipping customer-facing code
If you don’t check all the qualification boxes but you deeply believe you can crush this role, please apply.
Beneficial Qualifications that Help Make Your Application Standout
We especially love to see candidates with the following additional qualifications:
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in designing / handling 3D models, either in a CAD or design software package
- Experience with robotics and industrial automation, especially articulated robot arms, PLCs, and related hardware
- Experience with basic networking (TCP/IP / UDP)
- Experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience with containerization tools, such as Docker
- Demonstrable attention to detail
Direct applicants only. No recruiters please.