Pienso is a low-code / no-code interactive deep learning platform that allows collaboration between data science teams and subject matter experts within their own enterprise. We are a deep tech company making software that puts the power of machine learning and large language models in the hands of non-technical users with no prior background in advanced statistics or natural language processing. We build AI systems to empower humans, not replace them.
Who We Are:
Pienso is an MIT spinoff based in Arlington, Virginia, Brooklyn, New York and Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina. Pienso is now a remote-first workforce. Our team is composed of machine learning hackers, full-stack engineers, and user-experience doyens. We value epic engineering, creativity, a high-empathy work environment, and work-life balance.
What You'll Do:
The Pienso design team is small, but its influence is everywhere. You’ll workshop interactions with engineering, brainstorm with deep learning researchers, chat with users alongside leadership and sales, workshop messaging with marketing, and more. Your core responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate on and lead the development of new feature concepts through sketching and iterative wireframing
- Present and contribute in design reviews that may include participants from various Pienso teams (leadership, machine learning, engineering, and sales teams)
- Convert approved UX wireframes into high-fidelity, developer-ready UI mock-ups
- Develop and maintain a new visual design system for the Pienso product
- Create visual designs for print and digital materials in support of brand and business requirements
- Conduct competitor analysis to help Pienso stay abreast of a rapidly shifting landscape
- Work with QA and product engineers to ensure comprehensive coverage of automated product testing
- Assist in maintaining the Pienso User Manual
Who You Are:
You’re a multidisciplinary product designer who takes a human-centered approach to their work with a strong focus on visual design. Your interfaces are as stylish as they are practical, you have yet to encounter a layout challenge you couldn’t solve, and you’ve got all the correct opinions on hierarchy, typography and color choice (but still have the diplomacy to stay open to reasoned debate). You’re excited to own the new look-and-feel for the latest version of a deep learning platform that is already cutting edge. You’re excited about the potential of “AI,” but skeptical of the hype. You’re hungry to build your UX research and UX design experience, but also happy to hop on short-sprint graphic design assignments. You’re friendly, respectful, responsible, and looking forward to working in a small and diverse team with minimal hierarchy.
- Portfolio exhibiting both product design and graphic design projects
- Strong visual design skills, with a keen eye for typography and visual hierarchy
- Ability to create and maintain visual design systems
- Meticulous attention to detail, both in design and QA
- Ability to quickly and clearly sketch out UX concepts and narratives
- Experience with UX research techniques and processes: developing user personas; diagramming user journeys; user interviews; usability testing, etc.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills for explaining design rationales
- An eagerness to grow your design skills while building expertise in a complex and compelling product space
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Preferred: experience working on diverse enterprise software projects
- Figma, FigJam
- Adobe Illustrator, InDesign
Pienso is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants regardless of race, sex, gender identity, age, disability, religion, national origin, veteran status or sexual orientation. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Interested in joining the Pienso Team, please email your résumé to email@example.com