Senior Software Engineer, Frontend (Canada)
mParticle is widely recognized as one of the leading customer data platforms, serving hundreds of global brands and helping them turn data to insights and insights to action. Built on top of end-to-end streaming architecture, we are committed to empowering businesses to deliver personalized and engaging experiences to their customers across all screens and devices. We believe that the opportunity to help teams activate insights from their customer data to deliver more personalized and adaptive experiences is more important than ever.
Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City and one of Wealthfront Career Launching companies of 2021!
We at mParticle choose to create a company that is as diverse and inclusive as the world we live in by attracting, growing & keeping the best talent. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the job
You will be joining our talented UI team, and helping to build new features, screens, components, and contributing to technical improvements across the platform. We have an ambitious roadmap of new capabilities we want to complete, and you will play a key role in designing and implementing projects from start to finish.
About the Candidate
- Provide UI engineering expertise to the rest of the engineering team.
- Work with product managers and designers to help define product requirements.
- Build new screens, dashboards, custom controls and complex UX workflows from high-fidelity comps provided by product designers.
- Create UI screens that can handle large amounts of data while maintaining a highly responsive user experience.
- Build comprehensive unit tests and integration tests that fully validate functionality and ensure that bugs and other issues are discovered before impacting end users.
- Optional: Has experience with a backend language or framework such as NodeJS, ASP .Net Core, Ruby on Rails, etc.
- Optional: Modify existing restful apis or build new apis to support new UI features.
- Optional: Write code that interacts with a relational database via an ORM.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- 5+ years of proven success working as a Frontend engineer developing UI features.
- Proven ability to produce pixel-perfect screens using HTML and CSS from high-fidelity comps.
- Experience with a frontend SPA framework such as React, Vue.js, Angular, Aurelia, or other similar frameworks.
- Has knowledge of and can apply best practices in performance engineering, ensuring that our UI features are highly responsive and can handle large amounts of data.
- Ability to learn quickly and display solid analytical/engineering thinking.
- Demonstrable experience in taking projects from spec to release.
- Optional: Experience in building and modifying REST apis to create, read, update and delete data from a relational database via an ORM or Stored Procedures.
- Optional: Expertise in SQL-like languages and tools.
Perks & Benefits
- We offer a holistic benefits package that includes comprehensive health care coverage, encompassing medical, dental, and vision, fully covered by the company for employees enrolled in our baseline plan. Additionally, we extend cost-effective sharing options for dependents, ensuring accessibility to necessary care for you and your loved ones while maintaining affordability for all. Our commitment to well-being also includes Mental health resources through Modern Health and pet insurance for our furry friends.
- A truly adaptable work setting with flexible time off, 11 paid company holidays, and quarterly mental health reboot days in a 100% remote environment.
- An ownership culture where individuals receive stock options and can fully participate in mParticle’s success.
- 100% fully paid parental leave for all employees (12 weeks for the birth-parent & 6 weeks for the non-birth parent) and real encouragement to take that time to bond as a family
- Learning & Development yearly allowance for ongoing learning opportunities for employees
- Remote work allowance to ensure you’re fully set up for success
The Canadian base salary range for this full-time position is $90,000-$120,000 CAD based on location and level of experience + equity + benefits.
PLEASE NOTE: Our hiring team will only ever reach out to you via an @mparticle.com email address. Any website purporting to be mParticle that isn't hosted at mparticle.com or a subdomain is phishing or a scam. If you believe you've been targeted with a phishing attack centered around a job at mParticle, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.