Cloud Systems Engineer (Lithuania)
NOTE: this role will work day-shift hours in local time as a part of a follow-the-sun global production engineering team.
mParticle is widely recognized as one of the leading customer data platforms, serving hundreds of global brands and helping them turn data to insights, and insights to action. Built on top of end to end streaming architecture, we are committed to empowering businesses to deliver personalized and engaging experiences to their customers across all screens and devices. We believe that the opportunity to help teams activate insights from their customer data to deliver more personalized and adaptive experiences is more important than ever.
Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City and one of Wealthfront Career Launching companies of 2021!
We at mParticle choose to create a company that is as diverse and inclusive as the world we live in by attracting, growing & keeping the best talent. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Here at mParticle, everyone is equal. We believe strongly in our values and are looking for someone who demonstrates empathy and sincerity to all roles and teammates.
We are looking for a Cloud Systems Engineer to join our growing production operations team. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining strict production SLAs of a custom distributed application running on AWS cloud infrastructure, monitoring, alerting, incident management, security, and overall platform stability and improvement.
The ideal candidate will have at least basic understanding of AWS, experience with various Linux OS distributions (CentOS, Ubuntu, AWS Linux), excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills, intermediate scripting knowledge, solid ability to write intermediate SQL, experience with monitoring solutions and metric analysis, understanding and ability to troubleshoot network communication issues.
Finally, we are seeking someone who wants to be a major contributor in a small, dynamic work environment, loves a challenge, and has a strong balance of technical and people skills.
The Cloud Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
- Maintain, monitor, and help improve the performance and availability of the 24x7 production environment including networks, servers, databases, etc.
- Identification of root causes on critical problems throughout the platform, incident reports and communication
- Troubleshooting and supporting our production and QA environments
- Follow established internal workflows for resolving customer requests/tickets
- Participate in on-call rotation and provide hands-on support during emergencies, outages, and service transitions.
- Participate in creating long-term and short term strategies for scaling the production environment
- Continuous improvement in system visibility and applications with advanced monitoring, metrics and log analytics
- Adhere to a comprehensive incident management program including problem management
- Generate KPIs for service availability, uptime, and adherence to SOPs, and SLAs
The ideal qualifications of the Cloud Systems Engineer:
- 3 + years’ experience with 24x7 production operations
- At least 2 years’ experience with Linux server administration
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, ECS, S3, etc.)
- Intermediate scripting skills (Bash, Python)
- Intermediate SQL skills
- Technical knowledge of several monitoring and analytics tools such as AWS CloudWatch, Sumologic, Datadog
- Experience with Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, Kubernetes
- Experience maintaining a secure production environment
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering
This role will be hired through our partner remote.com (To learn more about details for your company use the link) Please note compensation will be paid in your country’s local currency.