Senior Software Engineer - Backend
This position is 100% remote!
mParticle is an AI Customer Data Platform that powers the entire marketing stack with real-time customer data. Companies like NBCUniversal, JetBlue, and Venmo use mParticle to simplify their customer data infrastructure, maximize the value of their data, and accelerate growth at scale. Over the last two years, the company has raised $150M in funding and acquired two companies. Founded in 2013, mParticle is headquartered in New York City with employees around the globe. We’re growing fast and offer smart, talented individuals an opportunity to be high impact players as we scale and achieve our vision for being the world leader in this space. We care deeply about culture and our people, creating a place where you can do your best work and love doing it!
Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City and one of Wealthfront Career Launching companies of 2021!
mParticle is expanding and looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Backend to join our core platform team! Distributed system engineers at mParticle create new high-performance event handling systems and make cross-cutting changes to existing systems and APIs to improve platform performance and stability for mParticle's massive real-time data backend. You'll have the opportunity to rethink mParticle software infrastructure and build APIs that other engineers will love and rely on and to directly impact how your fellow engineers compose, test, and ship code to production. You'll also be able to drive mParticle's engineering culture through continual research, self-improvement, and internal presentation.
- Develop secure, well-tested and performant C# features and improvements to the mParticle platform.
- Work in a collaborative fashion with engineers of all levels and product management to maintain a high bar for quality and product useability
- Advocate for product quality, security, and performance initiatives
- Craft code that adheres to the team's quality and style guidelines, and encourage those guidelines through in-depth code reviews
- Design solid cloud-based architectures
- Advocate for code quality and reliable automation
- Own and maintain your work from problem to spec and through to production
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills- must be able to communicate fluently in English
- 4+ years of experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (C# preferred).
- Please know our stack is C#, and experience with Java, or C++ is acceptable.
- 3+ years of experience contributing to a backend system or API
- Experience using RESTful and/or RPC APIs
- Experience with Linux
- Solid working experience with databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Excellent grasp of algorithms and data structures, and demonstrated application thereof to solve distributed systems problems
- Demonstrated experience with CI/CD-based software development- we use Concourse
- Some knowledge of Terraform would be a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
What’s in it for you:
- A truly flexible work environment with unlimited vacation, company holidays, and quarterly mental health reboot days in a 100% remote environment.
- An ownership culture where everyone receives stock options and can fully participate in mParticle’s success.
- Here at mParticle we embrace the differences that make us unique. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that fosters respect and celebrates an array of backgrounds and perspectives.
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.