Do you love building connections? Are you passionate about bridging the gap between different technologies and services to enable a seamless customer experience? Can you not only write great software but mentor other engineers to get on your level?
We're looking for a Senior level software engineer to join our team! You will work alongside an independent team of engineers and pair directly with product managers and designers to spec and build complex backend experiences. You will help build APIs and write high quality, maintainable code in a tight-knit startup environment. Every team at mParticle is empowered with ownership over a product area, and you'll be central to understanding users' challenges and ensuring the quality and deployment of new features in that area.
- As an individual contributor, architect and implement complex data processing features that are highly performant, reliable and cost effective. Efficiently scan and process petabytes of data.
- Analyze complex systems to identify areas of improvement. Coding and performance tuning a large scale distributed system requires creativity and a deep technical repertoire.
- Drive mParticle's engineering culture through continual research, self-improvement and internal presentation. Provide technical project leadership using Agile methodologies. Mentor engineers in healthy best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 10+ years of professional hands-on experience developing software, preferably in a SaaS or PaaS environment.
- Demonstrated technical / project leadership using Agile/Scrum.
- Experience with C#, Java or another strongly typed language
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in creating complex large-scale data systems involving both real-time and batch components.
- Experience with a frontend SPA framework such as React, Vue.js, Angular, Aurelia, or other similar frameworks.
- Experience in building and modifying REST APIs
- Experience in SQL-like languages and tools
- Mastery of software development principles and high-volume applications requiring 24/7 uptime..
- Ability to learn quickly and display analytical thinking
mParticle is an AI Customer Data Platform that powers the entire marketing stack with real-time customer data. Companies like NBCUniversal, JetBlue, Venmo, and Airbnb use mParticle to simplify their customer data infrastructure, maximize the value of their data, and accelerate growth at scale. Over the last two years, the company has raised $150M in funding and acquired two companies. Founded in 2013, mParticle is headquartered in New York City with employees around the globe.
Here at mParticle, everyone is equal. We believe strongly in our values and are looking for someone who demonstrates empathy and sincerity to all roles and teammates. mParticle is a core extension of the data infrastructure for some of the largest businesses in the world and our platform processes nearly one-third of the world’s smartphone traffic.