Charlestown, Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
The Electronics Technician is a member of the Electrical Engineering Team and supports the Electrical Engineers in designing, building, testing and troubleshooting. The main responsibilities are to provide support to engineering and manufacturing, and troubleshooting and testing of electro-mechanical items such as harnesses, ECUs, robotics, etc.
- Respond to Engineers’ requests.
- Build, modify and test electronic control units Construct test fixtures.
- Fabricate solutions for mechanical and electrical assemblies.
- Troubleshoot various systems using documentation, instrumentation and input from the engineers
- Familiar with test equipment including experience with oscilloscopes, DVMs, signal generators, power supplies and other standard EE lab equipment.
- Familiar and comfortable with hand tools and some power tools.
- Knowledge of machine shop practices are a plus.
- Familiar with some software tools and experience with downloading code and flashing software
- Rework and soldering of wires and connectors
- Organization and upkeep of engineering environments.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- Research and Development lab experience
- Strong skills in problem solving, communication, personal effectiveness, quality and common sense
- Self-starter and a Team player