Head of Finance
Accounting & Finance
Cambridge, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2022
About The Role
The Head of Finance will lead our Finance organization responsible for all financial processes, including the annual plan, monthly forecasts, and long-range plans. This highly visible role will report to the President & COO and work very closely with our CEO and leadership team. The ideal candidate is a strong leader with experience in scaling startups. You will be asked to drive strategic analysis in a cross-functional, matrixed organization with complex product feature sets, across geographies, and go-to-market motions. The right candidate will drive business insights and continuous improvement, bringing a quantitative, data-driven mindset, and have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Own all strategic Finance functions, including financial modeling and strategic planning, multi-year forecasting, financial analysis, and budgeting.
- Design the short-, medium- and long-term plan for how the finance organization will function. For each stage of maturity, define the operational and financial KPIs, communication rhythms, decision-making processes, and enabling software tools. Continuously drive improvements in simplicity, clarity, accuracy, and automation of financial reporting.
- Collaborate with and influence leaders as a finance business partner across the company to support planning, budgeting, reporting, investment decisions, and ad hoc business case analyses.
- Support the future fund raising process.
- Lead board conversations related to financial strategy, performance and results.
- Work with the Head of Revenue to drive forecasting/budgeting based on pipeline and commercial strategy outlook.
- Build, manage and develop a world-class Finance organization, including managing Controller and other established team members.
- Work with the executive team to build and refine product pricing strategy.
- 15+ years’ experience in Finance or Business Analysis, including Private Equity, Corporate Finance, or other associated fields
- 8+ years building and leading Finance teams
- Experience with fast-growing tech companies with scale
- Proven success serving as a change agent in a high-growth and scale environment
- Financial acumen with exceptional financial modeling skills and strong familiarity with financial statements
- Strategic mindset: able to think multiple steps ahead on the implications of financial decisions and approaches
- Critical thinking with a particular focus on financial modeling and strategic/market analysis
- Proven track record of the ability to present thoughtful input to controversial decision making and materially influence outcomes
- BS/BA/MBA in Finance, CFA Certification, Accounting or Business related subject areas
- Industry knowledge of the rideshare, transportation, automotive, autonomous vehicle, or related industries preferred