Business Development Manager - Robotics
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2020
The Business Development Manager will own and drive strategic business development efforts across all targeted industries and verticals (including lead generation, competitive intelligence research, strategic outreach and engagement of prospective customers, and much more). This role will be focused on driving an increase in the number of customer engagements and position isee to have strong influence on the decisions made by customers on the evaluation and rollout of our technology. This role will work closely with the CEO and COO and the rest of the leadership team to be directly accountable toward engaging in a number of positive business relationships with new customers.
Strategically drive customer engagement and communication, from conducting industry research, creating customer profiles, creating and managing databases of prospective and current contacts through lead generation activities, to reaching out to customers directly to solicit interest in evaluating and rolling out isee’s technology. Help with relationship expansion strategies and initiatives with existing customers, and execute on drafting customer contracts and more. (Output: Generate new customer pilots and successful engagements and expand with current partners)
Market Intelligence, Customer insights : Strategically drive and execute on delivering market intelligence in the form of industry wide analyses of business drivers and influences. Help inform the leadership team of market conditions, factors influencing customer engagements and competition. This will require conducting industry research, creating customer presentations, creating and managing databases of various prospective customer profiles and potential stakeholders, to providing periodic reports and updates on the state of the industry. (Output: Maintain information relevant to the market in visual formats, deliver presentations and data on an ad-hoc basis)
- 5+ years of experience in a Strategic Business Development role, with a focus on emerging technology in potentially change-averse industries.
- MBA degree strongly preferred, or 2+ years of additional work experience
- Experience with data analysis to support strategic business decisions
- Ability to consultatively navigate complex prospective customer organizations
- Ability to communicate strategically to build strong trust and relationships with a particular target audience.
- Detail Oriented - ability to dive deeply into complex documents and technical details
- Ability to connect details to the big picture
- Knowledge and/or experience in the logistics and robotics industry preferred