Senior Global Indirect Tax Analyst
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
The Senior Global Indirect Tax Analyst will report to the Tax Manager, support the Tax Director and will facilitate reporting for global indirect tax activities. Additional projects will include general support to the Tax Manager in the areas of audit support, property taxes, and other special projects.
Know where you belong. Match Group is a leading provider of dating products across the globe. Our portfolio includes Tinder, Match, Hinge, PlentyOfFish, The League, and others, each designed to spark meaningful connections for singles worldwide. Creating a sense of belonging doesn’t stop at our products - it’s the foundation of every team we hire.
When it comes to dating, the connection starts online, but the real magic happens once you meet in real life (IRL). We think the same is true for creating the best platforms, so we work together IRL in our Dallas office 3 days/week.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will be responsible for all global indirect taxes for the organization, including but not limited to analyzing, reviewing, and filing required returns and tracking associated due dates and payments.
- You will perform monthly invoice analysis for VAT returns and maintenance of VAT accrual guides.
- You will track global revenue by entity by country to determine when new registrations are required on a quarterly basis.
- You will be responsible for timely account reconciliations and required entries for all Indirect Tax accounts on a monthly/quarterly basis as set forth by the business.
- You will maintain the organization's compliance calendars for all indirect taxes and confirm all taxes are being filed/paid where required/applicable.
- You will monitor and interpret tax law changes and the impact on tax positions and calculations.
- You will support internal and external audit requirements.
- You will research the needs or requirements of indirect taxes in the event of the opening of a new location or acquisition.
- You will perform ongoing review and research of domestic and international tax laws, court decisions, and administrative pronouncements to ensure the company's compliance and find opportunities for tax savings.
- You will be responsible for all indirect tax files and ensure that all support documents are maintained and complete and audit ready.
- You will assist Tax Manager with maintenance of nexus and taxability in Vertex and OneSource.
- You will help with special projects, ad hoc analysis, other tasks as requested by Tax Manager.
We could be a match if:
- You have a BA/BS in Accounting or Finance degree
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience in Global Indirect Taxes (VAT/GST/DST/Sales/Use, etc.)
- You have demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects concurrently
- You have strong accounting and analytical skills
- You have excellent tax research abilities
- You have familiarity with broad tax concepts and associated business effects
- You have strong computer skills; proficient in MS Office, Alteryx preferred
- You have the ability to organize, prioritize, problem solve, take initiative, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- You have excellent communication and problem solving skills
- You have a willingness to broaden general tax knowledge
- You have demonstrated ability to work well independently and as a member of a team with little supervision
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 18 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.
If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.