Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Match Group, through its portfolio companies, is a leading provider of dating services available globally. Our portfolio of brands includes Tinder, Hinge, Match, OkCupid, PlentyOfFish, plus a number of other brands, each designed to power and inspire meaningful connections.
We are looking for a motivated and talented lawyer to join Match Group’s Tinder Legal team. This hybrid role is based in West Hollywood at Tinder’s office, reporting to a Senior Corporate Counsel on the team and will primarily support the Tinder Marketing and Comms/PR initiatives in North America.
This is a great opportunity for a passionate lawyer to join a strong team with a diverse set of backgrounds, self-described as friendly, highly collaborative, well-liked, and hard-working.
How you’ll make an impact:
- This role will be both creative and executional: You will provide valuable legal input on culturally relevant creative ideas while also helping to issue-spot and overcome legal challenges in executable brand campaigns that encompass everything from promotions, events, sponsorships and high-profile partnerships, to production and creator engagement.
- You will advise on consumer-protection, advertising law, regulatory compliance, IP third party rights and clearances, endorsement disclosures, etc., working closely and collaboratively with internal teams to provide business-friendly solutions.
- You will update and create templates, resources (including playbooks) and training materials supporting multiple stakeholders across Tinder, including for marketing campaigns and partnerships, content productions, media buying, and press and PR initiatives.
- You will identify opportunities to improve the use of legal resources and legal processes and best practices for business partners, and help drive compliance with existing corporate policies and procedures, including vendor security, privacy compliance and finance protocol.
We could be a match if:
- You have a law degree from an accredited law school and admission (or in-house eligibility) to practice law in California.
- You have a minimum of four years’ experience (preferred), with top law firm and in-house legal department experience (also preferred).
- You consistently deliver clear, concise, practical and creative advice, and have a proven willingness to dig in on the details of projects, working collaboratively both within a broader legal team and across diverse business teams.
- You have strong fact-finding, drafting, negotiating, writing and research skills.
- You have experience with marketing law and consumer protection issues, and drafting and negotiating marketing and tech transaction contracts. You also have a general understanding of privacy, intellectual property, digital and social media, influencer endorsement regulations, and consumer internet industry. Bonus if you’re on the pulse of US culture and trends and have experience with music licensing and/or talent and production deals.
- You are comfortable taking initiative to identify and solve problems, with the ability to inspire confidence among business partners in an approachable, friendly and patient manner.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 18 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.
If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.