Sr. Product Manager (Detection), Trust & Safety
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
Our Product Managers help drive the vision and development of products and product solutions from conception to launch. Our team works on consumer-facing features and platform-level investments to deliver first class core user experience that meets Tinder’s business goals.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Trust & Safety team. On this team, you will have the opportunity to build effective and scalable technologies to reduce online abuse, support safe product development efforts, and enable safer experiences for millions of users globally on Tinder.
Where you’ll work:
This is a hybrid role and requires in-office collaboration three days per week. This position is located in San Francisco, Palo Alto, or Los Angeles, CA .
In this role, you will:
- Lead the development and delivery of the Trust & Safety team’s roadmap on detection signals
- Work with the Group Product Manager and engineering leads to increase the breadth of bad actor signals and expand coverage of existing signals
- Propose solutions to improve safety from a preventive approach - detect any inauthentic, disrespectful, or unsafe behavior at the earliest possible
- Collaborate cross-functionally across Tinder - Product, Design, Member Experience, Legal, and Privacy teams to make strategic technology bets
- Define project goals and key results that align with strategic vision. Gain consensus, work with Analytics to track results, and communicate progress to leadership
- Make thoughtful technical and design trade-offs to achieve key objectives, when needed
- Minimum of 5+ years of product management experience
- Domain knowledge in Trust & Safety, Identity, or Fraud Prevention
- Awareness of latest advancements in AI
- Experience working on a full-cycle product roadmap from inception to launch
- A healthy blend of deep technical knowledge with user-focused mindset and empathy
- Experience managing large cross-functional projects with multiple milestones
- Experience implementing repeatable processes and driving automation or standardization
- Experience working with ML teams and using data / metrics to determine improvements
As a full-time employee, you’ll enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents) and family forming benefits
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei
If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.