Compliance Program Manager, Risk Ethics & Policy
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted
In today's digital world, finding genuine relationships is tougher than ever. At Hinge, we’re on a mission to inspire intimate connection to create a less lonely world. We’re obsessed with understanding our users’ behaviors to help them find love, and our success is defined by one simple metric– setting up great dates. With tens of millions of users across the globe, we’ve become the most trusted way to find a relationship, for all.
About the Role
As the Compliance Program Manager, you will be responsible for leading the development, deployment and monitoring for Hinge’s compliance readiness program, focusing on existing and planned compliance obligations around the world. With a focus on finding creative solutions to innovate through compliance, the Compliance PgM will bring new perspectives to Hinge’s compliance projects while ensuring all compliance operations and project-based work is efficient and consistent with business requirements. This will be a first-of-its kind position at Hinge, and will require significant foundational understanding of the regulatory compliance risk space, coupled with a highly collaborative mindset with experience navigating complex organizations across multiple stakeholders. Formal compliance certification not required.
- Manage Compliance Readiness End to End: Oversee the day to day compliance readiness efforts across Product and Operations teams to validate and implement business requirements for US and Global regulations. Track compliance readiness for internal and external reporting, ensuring accuracy of project status across multiple efforts.
- Oversee Compliance Reporting Requirements: Support teams across Hinge and MG responsible for executing compliance reporting requirements, including but not limited to recurring transparency reporting obligations, compliance progress reporting to MG senior management, and ad hoc reporting asks from external stakeholders and regulatory bodies.
- Lead Sustainability of Compliance Program: Lead gap analysis post compliance program completion; monitor escalation channels for bugs that could impact readiness efforts; partner with Risk & Compliance Analyst to stress test compliance program relative to industry standard. Identify and propose program enhancements relative to industry parity gaps and regulation innovation opportunities.
- Manage Compliance Management Platform: Design a compliance readiness methodology using user safety principles to inform how Hinge will continue to meet our global regulatory obligations. Leverage empirical data and metrics-based story telling to illustrate unintended impact and user safety considerations when compliance may conflict with safety. Ensure comprehensive and consistent compliance principles across all of Hinge’s compliance programs and readiness efforts.
What We're Looking For
- Experience: The ideal candidate should have 3+ years of relevant work in regulatory compliance, program management, quality assurance, and risk mitigation analysis, preferably in the Trust & Safety, technology or mobile application industries. This includes experience interfacing with Product Managers, legal partners and external stakeholders (regulators, government agencies, prosecutors, etc.), as well as experience in developing processes for operational excellence and risk mitigation practices.
- Great Communication: Effective communication is crucial in this role. You have excellent communication skills, and be able to articulate complex concepts clearly and succinctly across a variety of stakeholders and organizations.
- Inquisitive Team Player: A willingness to learn and remain deeply curious about our users and their needs, while also partnering across stakeholders to challenge assumptions, understand problem sets in detail, and confidence to seek other inputs to supplement experiential and cultural knowledge gaps. The ideal candidate should have a "no task is too small" attitude and a willingness to dive into the details to move projects along and solve complex problems. You enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Analytical Skills: You have strong analytical and research skills, and are able to use data sourced from a variety of internal and external resources to identify trends, solve data quality gaps, and develop strategies to improve the efficiency and fidelity of Hinge’s Risk & Compliance operations.
- Exceptional Moral Judgment with a User-focused Mindset: You are passionate about supporting users around the world, regardless of personal experience with specific regional norms, expectations or culture. You have a deep understanding of industry standards, regulatory risk appetite, and user expectations. You make every decision with the user at the forefront. You are comfortable navigating complex regulatory requirements and pushing back where theory v. practice may subject our users to harm or create an outcome that is not operationally viable for our users or our Trust & Safety teams.
- Project Management: You should have experience in project and/or program management, including the ability to plan, execute, and monitor projects independently.
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy:
401(k) Matching: We match 100% of the first 10% of pre-tax 401(k) contributions you make, up to a maximum of $10,000 per year.
Professional Growth: Get a $3,000 annual Learning & Development stipend once you’ve been with us for three months. You also get free access to Udemy, an online learning and teaching marketplace with over 6000 courses, starting your first day.
Parental Leave & Planning: When you become a new parent, you’re eligible for 100% paid parental leave (20 paid weeks for both birth and non-birth parents.)
Fertility Support: You’ll get easy access to fertility care through Carrot, from basic treatments to fertility preservation. We also provide $10,000 toward fertility preservation. You and your spouse/domestic partner are both eligible.
Date Stipend: All Hinge employees receive a $100 monthly stipend for epic dates– Romantic or otherwise. Hinge Premium is also free for employees and their loved ones.
ERGs: We have eight Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)—Asian, Unapologetic, Disability, LGBTQIA+, Vibras, Women/Nonbinary, Parents, and Remote—that hold regular meetings, host events, and provide dedicated support to the organization & its community.
At Hinge, our core values are…
Authenticity: We share, never hide, our words, actions and intentions.
Courage: We embrace lofty goals and tough challenges.
Empathy: We deeply consider the perspective of others.
Diversity inspires innovation
Hinge is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe success is created by a diverse workforce of individuals with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds.
If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.