Product Manager Intern ('24)
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
There are internships and then there's the Tindership program. Forget boring busywork—spend your summer as part of our team, making a real impact on our business. Tinder interns gain a meaningful experience connecting with their mentor and managers, participating in large-scale projects, and collaborating with other interns in our flagship Tindership hackathon. You’ll join an inclusive workplace and gain real-world experiences and exposure to Tinder's culture.
About the Role
As the Product Manager Intern, you will get exposure to how product management teams at Tinder work towards creating rich consumer experiences. Our products empower people to express themselves, connect with our diverse community, and have fun together. This product manager will join an experienced team of product leaders within our product organization.
Where you'll work
This is a hybrid role and requires in-office collaboration three days per week. The position will be located in Los Angeles, CA.
What you'll do:
- Understand Tinder’s strategic and competitive position and deliver world-class experiences to our audience
- Leverage data analytics, A/B testing, qualitative user research, and predictive modeling to optimize KPIs, identify business opportunities, and shape the Revenue roadmap
- Learn the dynamics of the Tinder community, understand the psychology of our users, and identify their in-product needs
- You will clearly communicate your experiment roadmap, hypotheses and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from team members, PM peers and executives.
- Drive innovation, definition, roadmap and design of A/B tests and product experiments to accelerate the growth of our active users and paid customers.
What we're looking for:
- A student currently enrolled in a full-time degree program pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree with a graduation date no earlier than December 2024
- Technical understanding of AI and ML models and curiosity about generative AI
- Creativity to think of new and innovative ways to improve user experience
- Ethical awareness to solution with sensitivity in a highly personal domain like dating
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous consumer experience with social products
- You enjoy working within an agile environment
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- You bring enthusiasm for solving interesting problems
- You are a Self-starter, with a 'can-do' attitude in a dynamic environment
- You have a strong analytical mind-set and are at your best working with KPIs
Nice to have:
- You have previous product management or ML experience
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The liveliness of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun, and highly motivated people
- Competitive hourly pay and flexible working schedule
- Comprehensive health coverage, 401(k)
- Access to mental health resources
- Virtual yoga and fitness classes, and many other fun activities
- Virtual celebrations, parties, socials, and more
- A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy
- Fully customized computer equipment to fit your needs
- The opportunity to join 8+ active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei
If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.