Internal Communications Intern ('24)
Marketing & Communications
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
There are internships and then there's the Tindership program. Forget boring busywork—spend your summer as part of our team, making a real impact on our business. Tinder interns gain a meaningful experience connecting with their mentor and managers, participating in large-scale projects, and collaborating with other interns in our flagship Tindership hackathon. You’ll join an inclusive workplace and gain real-world experiences and exposure to Tinder's culture.
About the Role
We’re seeking an enthusiastic Internal Communications Intern to join our People team at Tinder. In this role, you’ll work with our head of Internal Communications and other members of the People team to create content for employee-facing channels, including Tinder’s intranet.
We’re looking for an exceptional communicator, skilled writer, and self-starter who’s comfortable with independent work but also loves collaborating as part of a team. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Where you'll work
This is a hybrid role and requires in-office collaboration three days per week. The position will be located in Los Angeles, CA.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the head of Internal Communications on content for Tinder’s intranet, monthly company all-hands meetings, and other internal channels
- Work with other internal teams to coordinate and assist with their communication needs
- Bring creative new ideas to the table
- Gain experience in a fast-paced corporate environment
What we're looking for:
- Interested in pursuing a communications-related career
- Passionate about communication and community building
- A strong writer with stellar grammar, able to provide writing samples
- Reliable, prepared, responsive, and eager to learn
- Organized, with strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Able to work cross-functionally in order to build relationships and trust with a broad range of individuals across the organization
- Interested in or experienced in working with internally-facing teams
- Interested in and understands the tech industry
Nice to have:
- Prior internship experience
- Familiarity with graphic design and photo/video editing and production
- Familiarity with G-Suite, Slack, and LumApps
- Leadership experience in clubs or organizations
- Experience with communications or HR teams
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The liveliness of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun, and highly motivated people
- Competitive hourly pay and flexible working schedule
- Comprehensive health coverage, 401(k)
- Access to mental health resources
- Virtual yoga and fitness classes, and many other fun activities
- Virtual celebrations, parties, socials, and more
- A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy
- Fully customized computer equipment to fit your needs
- The opportunity to join 8+ active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei
If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.