Communications Intern ('24)
Marketing & Communications
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
There are internships and then there's the Tindership program. Forget boring busywork—spend your summer as part of our team, making a real impact on our business. Tinder interns gain a meaningful experience connecting with their mentor and managers, participating in large-scale projects, and collaborating with other interns in our flagship Tindership hackathon. You’ll join an inclusive workplace and gain real-world experiences and exposure to Tinder's culture.
Where you’ll work
This is a hybrid role and requires in-office collaboration three days per week. The position will be located in Los Angeles, CA.
What you'll do:
- Research and monitor trends within dating, tech, marketing and Gen Z culture
- Work on a personal project throughout the year, presenting your unique ideas and perspective on Tinder to senior leadership.
- Someone actively on social media, understands tools, trends and is able to contribute to brainstorms with tactical ideas through the lens of social media engagement.
- Assist the Tinder Comms team with planning, execution and analysis of media and communication strategies
- Participate in meetings across Marketing, Comms, Social, Business and Product in order to learn about the different career paths available within Tinder
- Prepare presentations and review documents on special projects that drive the communications narrative in the U.S.
What we're looking for:
- 3rd/4th year undergraduate student with experience in or a strong interest in launching a career in communications with a graduation date no earlier than December 2024
- Someone who is obsessed with new communications trends. Help us unearth the best way to present information about our gen z members to the press.
- A deep understanding and obsession of American youth culture. You saw the meme before any of us did and that makes you cooler than us.
- A deliberate writer with insatiable curiosity. You ask how else we could tell this story and aren’t afraid to let your creativity shine.
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Slides & Sheets and the ability to navigate between them with ease.
- Highly organized with proven administrative skills and a high attention to detail
- Hardworking and enthusiastic
- Ability to learn quickly but isn’t afraid to ask questions
- Good team player with ability to form excellent working relationships at all levels
- Someone who is outgoing and personable, with excellent communication skills
As part of our team, you'll enjoy:
- The liveliness of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun, and highly motivated people
- Competitive hourly pay and flexible working schedule
- Comprehensive health coverage, 401(k)
- Access to mental health resources
- Virtual yoga and fitness classes, and many other fun activities
- Virtual celebrations, parties, socials, and more
- A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy
- Fully customized computer equipment to fit your needs
- The opportunity to join 8+ active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei
If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.