Senior Product Designer
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Monday, February 5, 2024
Our team incubates new and promising ideas while working with other Match Group brands like Tinder, Hinge, Match and others to empower innovation across our portfolio of products. We build products that bring people together. We are dedicated to developing, innovating, and evolving a global brand identity consumed by millions. We’re a tight-knit team with ambitious standards.
We are looking for an entrepreneurially driven product designer to help us build the next “big thing” for Match Group. This is a chance to make a real impact on how millions of people connect and form meaningful relationships across the world.
You will be empowered to take initiative on end-to-end design projects, including getting alignment on design objectives and priorities with key stakeholders. You will join a close-knit group of designers and work closely with Research, Product Managers, Data Science, Business Intelligence, and Engineering to craft innovative experiences combined with best-in-class practices in this space.
When it comes to dating, the connection starts online, but the real magic happens once you meet in real life (IRL). We think the same is true for creating the best platforms, so we work together IRL in our LA or NYC offices 3 days/week.
Some things you’ll do:
- Rapidly iterate and refine design concepts－from initial briefing through final delivery.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional partners to identify key design hypotheses and prioritize projects in the short and long term.
- Communicate design decisions in compelling and creative ways; bridge alignment across teams through high-fidelity prototypes and live presentations to cross-functional partners.
- Test, learn, and iterate on everything you do alongside your product and research peers.
- Be comfortable exploring the unknown using fresh and unique approaches to design problems.
Some skills you’ll need:
- 5+ years of product design, UI/UX design, visual design, or equivalent experience, including 2-3 years in a consumer-facing product design role in the mobile space.
- Bonus points if you have basic front end development skills
- Portfolio that demonstrates evidence of launching software at scale in a fast-paced product organization across multiple markets.
- You are highly motivated to learn new things about complex technology, cultural and demographic nuances, and their impact on various user experiences.
- Ability to work independently to explore concepts from beginning to end, yet also crave healthy feedback loops with your ideas.
- Deep organization and execution skills, especially in collaboration with multiple stakeholders, articulating high-level team goals and connecting your work to larger team or company initiatives.
- A high-level of craftsmanship when it comes to UI.
- Outstanding attention to detail with a proven track record of working within and contributing to a design system.
- Experience working with consumer research and data.
- Proficient in Figma, including high-fidelity prototyping and component libraries.
- Passionate and curious about how design can be leveraged to improve users’ ability to find and maintain romantic connections.
What's the team like?
- We’re a small, nimble team that iterates fast to bring new dating products to our users. More startup vibe than big company
- We're constantly trying to reimagine human connection by embracing new technologies, anticipating changes in the global digital zeitgeist, and unlocking new and exciting ways to bring people together
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 18 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.
If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.