Senior Product Manager, Bad Actor Detection
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted
In today's digital world, finding genuine relationships is tougher than ever. At Hinge, we’re on a mission to inspire intimate connection to create a less lonely world. We’re obsessed with understanding our users’ behaviors to help them find love, and our success is defined by one simple metric– setting up great dates. With tens of millions of users across the globe, we’ve become the most trusted way to find a relationship, for all.
About the Role
As the Senior Product Manager for the Hinge Trust & Safety Bad Actor Detection team, you will lead the team that creates and maintains Hinge’s anti-fraud and anti-abuse capabilities. To reinforce and support intentional dating, we make sure users on the platform are people with real intent about finding genuine connection; hence the main objective of Bad Actor Detection is to detect and remove any and all users who are flagged as nefarious by various features we develop, including automated machine learning models and heuristics. You will work with a team of talented back end engineers, data scientists, data analysts, and machine learning engineers to identify and build robust defenses.
- Product Leadership: In this role you will be a leader within Trust and Safety, expected to work at the highest levels of the company to gain executive buy-in and sponsorship of your roadmap and project proposals.
- Product Strategy: Develop and execute a product strategy for Bad Actor Detection, aligning it with the company's overall goals and objectives.
- Roadmap Planning: Create and maintain a clear product roadmap, regularly communicating updates to stakeholders.
- Build and Manage Bad Actor Defenses: Be the accountable owner for all defenses, including ML models and heuristics, that the team creates. Collaborate with engineering teams to define, prioritize, and deliver technical solutions and features that improve efficiency, productivity, and user experience.
- Data Analysis: Use data and analytics to track the performance of the defenses your team creates and make data-driven decisions for improvements.
- Moderation Management: Work closely with operations partners to optimize moderation workflow volume, model retraining pipelines, and improve the efficacy of our moderator review queues.
- Compliance and Security: Ensure that the features your team builds meet security and compliance standards, protecting user data and company assets.
- Vendor Management: Manage relationships with third-party tool providers, research buy-vs-build opportunities, negotiate contracts, and stay informed about updates and new features.
What We're Looking For
- Ability to design product solutions based on evidence; proven track record of pushing ambitious products.
- Experience working with a backend and machine learning heavy engineering team.
- Technical background with a solid understanding of software development and machine learning model development techniques.
- Capable of in depth data interpretation, experience with analytic tools such as SQL and BI software.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills with a myriad of stakeholders throughout the company.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Computer Science, Business, etc.).
- 5+ years of professional experience either directly related to Product Management or adjacent within tech.
- Proven experience as a Product Manager in a tech company; preferably with Trust and Safety or related experience.
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy:
401(k) Matching: We match 100% of the first 10% of pre-tax 401(k) contributions you make, up to a maximum of $10,000 per year.
Professional Growth: Get a $3,000 annual Learning & Development stipend once you’ve been with us for three months. You also get free access to Udemy, an online learning and teaching marketplace with over 6000 courses, starting your first day.
Parental Leave & Planning: When you become a new parent, you’re eligible for 100% paid parental leave (20 paid weeks for both birth and non-birth parents.)
Fertility Support: You’ll get easy access to fertility care through Carrot, from basic treatments to fertility preservation. We also provide $10,000 toward fertility preservation. You and your spouse/domestic partner are both eligible.
Date Stipend: All Hinge employees receive a $100 monthly stipend for epic dates– Romantic or otherwise. Hinge Premium is also free for employees and their loved ones.
ERGs: We have eight Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)—Asian, Unapologetic, Disability, LGBTQIA+, Vibras, Women/Nonbinary, Parents, and Remote—that hold regular meetings, host events, and provide dedicated support to the organization & its community.
At Hinge, our core values are…
Authenticity: We share, never hide, our words, actions and intentions.
Courage: We embrace lofty goals and tough challenges.
Empathy: We deeply consider the perspective of others.
Diversity inspires innovation
Hinge is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe success is created by a diverse workforce of individuals with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds.
If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.