Principal Product Manager, AI
Software Engineering, Product, Data Science
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
As a Principal Product Manager within the Emerging Team at Tinder, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the company by harnessing pioneering AI technologies. You will lead AI exploration efforts, identify new technology trends, and ensure their flawless integration into the Tinder ecosystem. This role requires a unique blend of technical savvy, product expertise, and a penchant for navigating uncharted territories in the tech landscape.
Where you’ll work:
This is a hybrid role and requires in-office collaboration three times per week. This position is located in West Hollywood, and/or San Francisco, California.
In this role, you will:
- Vision and Strategy:
- Develop and communicate a compelling vision for how Tinder can leverage AI to enhance user experiences and drive business growth.
- Craft a strategic roadmap for implementing AI technologies across various facets of the Tinder platform.
- Technology Exploration:
- Stay at the forefront of AI and technology trends, evaluating their potential impact on the business.
- Conduct exploratory research on emerging technologies, finding opportunities for integration within Tinder.
- Technical Expertise:
- Serve as a leader with vision within the organization on AI applications and related technologies, setting the bar within Tinder for effective collaboration with ML engineers and technical teams.
- Break down sophisticated technologies and articulate how they can be harnessed to solve Tinder’s most ambitious problems, and bring value for Tinder users and the company.
- Special Projects:
- Lead special projects that involve partnerships with technology companies, such as envisioning Tinder's presence on new hardware platforms like the Apple Vision Pro Headset or working with OpenAI on novel implementations of LLMs in Tinder.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to drive innovation and pivotal initiatives.
- Team Leadership:
- Build and lead teams that focus on showcasing how various technologies can be strategically applied to enhance Tinder's offerings and user experiences through rapid prototyping and experimentation.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and innovation within the team and inspire passion for new technologies within Tinder.
- Define high level standards, benchmarks, and organizational policies around Tinder’s safe and ethical use of AI
- 10+ years of product management in a high-growth consumer tech company
- High degree technical understanding of AI, machine learning, and related technologies.
- Ability to breakdown and describe complex technologies in a clear and understandable manner.
- Proven track record of excelling in ambiguous spaces and solving highly complex issues, where innovative technologies are being developed.
- Demonstrated ability to identify how cutting-edge technology can add value to a product and drive impactful user experiences for our users.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams and collaborating effectively with AI/ML practitioners, engineers, architects, designers, and other product managers in both strategic and tactical discussions.
- Track record of delivering results and driving company-wide initiatives to fruition.
- In-depth knowledge of current technology trends and the ability to lead Tinder's perspective on these trends.
- Strong communication skills and experience collaborating and managing complex relationships among both internal and external stakeholders
As a full-time employee, you will enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents), family forming benefits, and Milk Stork, which provides access to breast milk shipping for business travel, surrogacy, and employee relocation
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, BetterHelp, and Insight Timer; paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei
If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.