Senior iOS Engineer (Central Innovation)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Our team incubates new and promising ideas while working with other Match Group brands like Tinder, Hinge, Match and others to empower innovation across our portfolio of products.
We are looking for an entrepreneurially driven Senior iOS Engineer to help us build the next “big thing” for Match Group. This is a chance to make a real impact on how millions of people connect and form meaningful relationships across the world.
When it comes to dating, the connection starts online, but the real magic happens once you meet in real life (IRL). We think the same is true for creating the best platforms, so we work together IRL in our LA or NYC offices 3 days/week.
Some things you’ll do:
- Work in our New York or LA offices as a part of our Innovation team
- Implement entire product features from the networking and model layers all the way to the UI layout and animations
- Collaborate with our product design team
- Impact and influence the product directly. The best ideas – from any source – are welcome
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to build recommendation system features
- Design and build components of larger projects with an emphasis on scalability, maintainability, and operability
Some skills you’ll need:
- You have 4+ years experience building native iOS applications in Swift and Objective C
- You have at least one published app to the Apple App Store
- You have experience with developing iOS applications, Swift strongly preferred
- You have strong software development and design fundamentals
- You are capable of clear, productive, and empathetic communication
- You are open, curious, and eager to learn
Bonus points if you have:
- Prior startup experience is fantastic (but not necessary); being scrappy will help you hit the ground running
- Experience building large-scale iOS apps
- Experience developing location-based mobile applications with rich push notifications.
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering, but a wonderful project list trumps all
What's the team like?
- We’re a small, nimble team that iterates fast to bring new dating products to our users. More startup vibe than big company
- We're constantly trying to reimagine human connection by embracing new technologies, anticipating changes in the global digital zeitgeist, and unlocking new and exciting ways to bring people together
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 18 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.