Senior Platform Engineer
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2024
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted
In today's digital world, finding genuine relationships is tougher than ever. At Hinge, we’re on a mission to inspire intimate connection to create a less lonely world. We’re obsessed with understanding our users’ behaviors to help them find love, and our success is defined by one simple metric– setting up great dates. With tens of millions of users across the globe, we’ve become the most trusted way to find a relationship, for all.
About the Role:
The Platform Engineering team’s mission is to delight our engineers with simple solutions and to advance Hinge’s infrastructure operability. We do so by leading the design and implementation of infrastructure resiliency, expansion, observability, and security improvements. Our impact doesn’t stop there. We create and operate services that internal teams and customers depend on. As Hinge forges towards a global product offering, we will focus on building the next generation of our Platform. Some initiatives and problem spaces on the horizon are establishing a global multi-region architecture, mitigating third-party risk(s), and delighting engineers with tools and solutions that increase their velocity.
Platform Engineering is a crucial cross-functional team that collaborates closely with all engineering disciplines at Hinge. Our work is challenging and impactful in improving the engineering experience. We are searching for a seasoned and highly motivated Platform Engineer to join our team in solving some of our complex problems in simple ways.
- Ship code that improves our infrastructure, observability, security, and internal tooling across varying problem spaces.
- Design, build, and maintain a global, highly available, low-latency infrastructure to service the needs of our customers.
- Lead with an ownership mentality to solve novel technical problems as they arise.
- Empathetically help teams improve their systems' performance, scalability, reliability, and observability.
- Leave a trail of high-quality technical documentation of initiatives, postmortems, and endeavor to uphold good knowledge-sharing practices.
- Join the Platform Engineering on-call rotation.
What We're Looking For
- Proficient coding experience in Go or another systems language
- Experience using Terraform (or other IaC tools) at scale
- Experience with AWS or another cloud service provider
- Experience with Kubernetes or another container orchestration system
- Experience working on CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working on a platform teams
- Experience as a member of an on-call rotation
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy:
401(k) Matching: We match 100% of the first 10% of pre-tax 401(k) contributions you make, up to a maximum of $10,000 per year.
Professional Growth: Get a $3,000 annual Learning & Development stipend once you’ve been with us for three months. You also get free access to Udemy, an online learning and teaching marketplace with over 6000 courses, starting your first day.
Parental Leave & Planning: When you become a new parent, you’re eligible for 100% paid parental leave (20 paid weeks for both birth and non-birth parents.)
Fertility Support: You’ll get easy access to fertility care through Carrot, from basic treatments to fertility preservation. We also provide $10,000 toward fertility preservation. You and your spouse/domestic partner are both eligible.
Date Stipend: All Hinge employees receive a $100 monthly stipend for epic dates– Romantic or otherwise. Hinge Premium is also free for employees and their loved ones.
ERGs: We have eight Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)—Asian, Unapologetic, Disability, LGBTQIA+, Vibras, Women/Nonbinary, Parents, and Remote—that hold regular meetings, host events, and provide dedicated support to the organization & its community.
At Hinge, our core values are…
Authenticity: We share, never hide, our words, actions and intentions.
Courage: We embrace lofty goals and tough challenges.
Empathy: We deeply consider the perspective of others.
Diversity inspires innovation
Hinge is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe success is created by a diverse workforce of individuals with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds.
If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.