Social Impact Director
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
Tinder started on a college campus in 2012 and broke down the barriers - geographic, historic, cultural - that limit who we meet. We went from 1 swipe to 1 billion swipes a day, in 2 years. No technology grows that fast unless it fills a powerful, unmet human need. Today, Tinder is the world’s most popular app for meeting new people. The app is available in 190 countries, and 40+ languages, it’s been downloaded more than 450 million times and led to 60 billion matches, and is the highest-grossing non-gaming app globally. There’s never been a more exciting time to be at Tinder. We are on a course to redefine the way young people meet and connect today, if you would like to be a part of that, keep reading!
Tinder is actively seeking a Social Impact Director, a role that is central to guiding and amplifying our efforts in social impact. We're looking for a progressive leader, a true agent of change who is deeply dedicated to forging powerful, inclusive stories and shaping spaces where safety and a sense of belonging thrive.
In this role you will:
- Craft and Lead Social Impact Strategy: Set the vision, mission, strategy, and critical metrics for Social Impact at Tinder. Ensure these efforts provide shared value for our members, employees, and the broader community.
- Build Functional Pillars and Programs: Develop foundational pillars and innovative programs at Tinder that align with our mission to power and inspire connection around the world.
- Forge Strategic Partnerships: Collaborate with leading NGOs, nonprofits, and other organizations, as well as leaders with vision in the social impact and safety spheres.
- Manage and Measure Impact: Take ownership of the measurement and data of programs and initiatives, ensuring accountability for their impact and results.
- Manage analyses and insights into social impact trends and standard methodologies, particularly with Gen Z
- Provide analyses and insights into social impact trends, standard processes and benchmarking
- Identify prospective giving partners and develop partnership plans that help unlock impact at scale
- Use various tools and resources for improving social impact. This could include:
- Implementing programs that use Tinder's extensive marketing reach.
- Supervising and managing funding programs dedicated to social causes.
- A strong background in Social Impact, CSR, or ESG (including community engagement, volunteerism, and philanthropy), giving you a keen understanding of global and local trends in this space
- Experience in developing and implementing comprehensive social impact plans that align with an organization's core mission.
- Strong background in partnering with NGOs, nonprofits, and other organizations, using these relationships for greater social impact.
- Expertise in monitoring, measuring, and being accountable for the impact and results of various programs and initiatives.
- A curiosity about creating human-centered programs, pilots, and initiatives that drive significant impact at scale.
- In-depth understanding of social impact and safety concerns related to technology products, consumer interests, and public sentiment.
- Ability to outline and implement scalable, forward-looking plans aimed at improving public perception and product experience.
- Possess strong cross-functional capabilities to:
- Facilitate collaboration across different departments and teams.
- Innovate and integrate features like voting badges within the Tinder app, enhancing user engagement with social causes.
As a part of our team, you'll enjoy:
- The liveliness of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of inquisitive, creative, fun, and highly motivated people
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents), family forming benefits, and Milk Stork, which provides access to breast milk shipping for business travel, surrogacy, and employee relocation
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, BetterHelp, and Insight Timer; paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei
If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.