Director of Finance (Evergreen and Emerging Brands)
Accounting & Finance
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
As the Director of Finance, you’ll be able to contribute immediately, working cross-functionally across Evergreen and Emerging brands at Match Group by delivering robust analysis and insights directly to our Executive Leadership team. This role provides the unique opportunity to have visibility across the P&Ls of an exciting portfolio of brands, leverage your expertise to forecast revenue and analyze business performance at a fast moving consumer focused tech company, and guide key decisions driving our company’s growth.
The Director of Finance will report directly to the SVP, Finance and Strategy as the leader of our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. FP&A is responsible for managing E&E’s overall financial performance and presents regularly to the Executive Leadership teams of E&E. As a Director you will be responsible for managing the P&L of one or many brands or functions within E&E. This role requires an individual who is highly analytical, strategic, and detail-oriented.
Match Group, through its portfolio companies, is a leading provider of dating products available globally. Our portfolio of brands includes Tinder, Match, OkCupid, Hinge, PlentyOfFish, as well as a number of other brands, each designed to increase our users' likelihood of finding a meaningful connection.
When it comes to dating, the connection starts online, but the real magic happens once you meet in real life (IRL). We think the same is true for creating the best platforms, so we work together IRL in our Vancouver office 3 days/week.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Lead FP&A for a portfolio of brands and/or functions
- Actively seek to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the FP&A Function
- Lead the development of materials for monthly, mid-year and annual business reviews with the E&E executive teams
- Drive long term strategic planning
- Present clear narratives on your area’s financial performance that accurately reflect underlying trends, product initiatives and progress against our strategic goals
- Review product and marketing initiatives to accurately assess ROI and drive the efficient allocation of company resources to achieve our strategic objectives
- Prepare detailed and accurate forecasts and maintain the accuracy of key financial metrics to support long term strategic planning
- Partner closely with leaders across the organization (Product, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, etc.) to identify opportunities, support initiatives and provide key decision support
- Work with individual budget owners and accounting to effectively manage operating costs and budgets
We could be a match if:
- You have 8+ years in FP&A, Business Analysis, Consulting, or Investment Banking (preferably in tech and/or a consumer focused subscription business)
- You have a Bachelor's degree in business, economics, or related field (CPA, CFA or MBA considered an asset)
- You have experience leading a strategic finance function, with ownership of an entire P&L
- You have experience leading and managing high performance teams
- You have Advanced Excel modeling and the ability to build engaging presentations using google slides
- You have experience and skills required to work with large datasets, including experience with SQL, BigQuery and Tableau
- You have experience with OneStream
- You have excellent communication skills and ability to partner with individuals at all levels
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You have experience building and maintaining subscription revenue forecast models
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 18 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.
If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.