Sr. Product Manager, Tools
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
As a Sr PM you’ll have the opportunity to drive our team's long-term strategy in how we build Product Tools to increase the velocity of the product, engineering, analytics, and marketing teams. You’ll do this by driving improvements to two of Tinder’s most important tools: our CRM platform and our Experimentation platform. This is a rare opportunity to develop work-class tools that impact our hundreds of millions of users on a daily basis.
We are constantly increasing the speed at which the company operates by unlocking growth potential through our work on building out a world-class CRM and experimentation platform. In this position you will encounter large-scale data, personalization, and segmentation challenges while building cutting edge communication & insights features that will impact every aspect of the user’s experience.
About the team:
As a Sr PM on Product Tools, you will join an experienced team of Product leaders within the Foundations Pillar at Tinder, and will be reporting directly to the Director of Product Management. On the Foundations Pillar, we enable teams to deliver quality experiences faster for our Tinder members. Our goal is to maximize Tinder’s ability to innovate by creating a frictionless, sustainable experience for our product development teams. We do this by building best-in-class product tools and developer platforms.
Where you’ll work:
This is a hybrid role and requires in-office collaboration three days per week. This position is located in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and/or Palo Alto, CA.
In this role, you will:
- Facilitate strategic product and tool planning for the consumer content tools; in particular you’ll own and communicate the internal Product Tool team’s roadmap, priorities, experiments, and decisions across a broad spectrum of audiences.
- Advise your team in setting goals, success metrics, and roadmaps by aligning them with Tinder's mission to help drive maximum impact for our business while also aligning those goals with internal stakeholders for the tools.
- Understand Tinder's business metrics that impact performance that are related to the tools you work on. You will guide the teams to develop a more profound product sense for what makes members more successful on Tinder.
- Work to better understand internal consumer user problems and opportunities to help build out better tools and features.
- Align the needs and priorities of features requested from teams to ensure proper vision and deliverability of the team given the resources available.
- Champion a balanced product development process that champions passion and team pride and incentives the right behaviors that ensure we reach our vision.
- Build an innovative and expansive culture that cultivates empowerment, growth, and collaboration.
- You have at least 5+ years of technical product management experience in a high-growth consumer tech company.
- Specific experience working on internal tools, Experimentation tools, or CRM tools at a company are highly desired for this role.A leader. You support your team so that they can implement; no task, either big or too small. You view your role as a manager as bringing out the best in others.
- An Innovator. You can abstract insights from qualitative and quantitative insights and make tough trade-offs to launch a successful MVP, and set the teams up for quick, data-driven iterations.
- The voice of the customer. You understand consumer behavior, user experience design, user research methods, and consumer product fundamentals and frameworks.
- The strategist: You know what other companies are doing in the market to help promote their product through their owned channels as well as other 3rd party tools available, and how and when to incorporate new channels & trends into what the team is working on.
- A Storyteller. You connect your team's work back to objectives that the Executive team prioritizes.
- Results-Oriented. Drive results from your teams' roadmaps that deliver value for our members and business.
Nice to have:
- Experience with experimentation tools.
- Experience with CRM tools.
- Experience working with ML & AI engineering teams.
- Experience building internal tools or product tools.
- Experience with SQL or Python.
As a full-time employee, you will enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents), family forming benefits, and Milk Stork, which provides access to breast milk shipping for business travel, surrogacy, and employee relocation
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, BetterHelp, and Insight Timer; paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei
If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.