Trust & Safety Data Analyst
IT, Data Science
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Match Group, through its portfolio companies, is a leading provider of dating products available globally. Our portfolio of brands is designed to increase our users' likelihood of finding a meaningful connection.
As the Trust and Safety Data Analyst, you will play a pivotal role in processing, reviewing, and analyzing trust and safety data across multiple brands across the Match Group portfolio, contributing to the outputs of our transparency reporting efforts. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical mindset, a keen eye for patterns and anomalies, and a passion for ensuring user safety and security.
This is a hybrid role, based in either San Francisco or New York where you will work in the office three days a week.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You will contribute to Data Processing and Analysis: Collect, clean, and preprocess trust and safety data from various sources across multiple brands in our portfolio as well as analyze and interpret data to identify trends, patterns, and potential risks related to user safety and content moderation.
- You will oversee data Quality Assurance: Conduct thorough validity checks of trust and safety data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and adherence to established guidelines as well as Identify and escalate any anomalies or deviations that may require further investigation.
- You will contribute to our Transparency Reporting: Collaborate with the transparency reporting team to contribute with insights, trends, and narrative of our transparency reports as well as Assist in the preparation and presentation of data-driven narratives that highlight our commitment to user safety.
- You will have responsibility for Data Visualization and Communication: Create visualizations, graphs, and charts to effectively communicate complex trust and safety data to both technical and non-technical stakeholders as well as Present data findings in a clear and concise manner, including recommendations on how to proceed to internal processes and user experience.
- You will contribute to Process Improvement: Identify opportunities to streamline data collection, processing, and reporting processes and Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to implement new central datasets.
- You will focus on Compliance and Ethical Considerations: Ensure data handling and analysis practices adhere to relevant regulations, compliance requirements, and ethical considerations and Maintain a strong focus on user privacy and data protection.
We could be a match if:
- You have completed your Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a related field (master's preferred).
- You have at least 3 years of experience performing product analytics (experience with trust and safety, content moderation, or internal Match Group experience preferred).
- You have proficiency at data analytics using programming languages one or more of the following: Python, R, SQL, or similar technologies as well as data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI) to communicate insights effectively.
- You have a strong understanding of trust and safety concepts, content moderation challenges, and user safety considerations.
- You have excellent attention to detail and the ability to identify trends, correlations, and anomalies within large datasets as well as strong communication skills to convey complex data findings to technical and non-technical audiences.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 18 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.
If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.