Senior Product Designer, Growth
Product, Design, Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2023
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted
In today's digital world, finding genuine relationships is tougher than ever. At Hinge, we’re on a mission to inspire intimate connection to create a less lonely world. We’re obsessed with understanding our users’ behaviors to help them find love, and our success is defined by one simple metric– setting up great dates. With tens of millions of users across the globe, we’ve become the most trusted way to find a relationship, for all.
About the Role:
Hinge is hiring a Senior Product Designer on the Growth team. You will be empowered to take initiative on end-to-end design projects, including getting alignment on design objectives and priorities with key stakeholders. The Growth Product Group is responsible for defining the user experience for millions of daters, expanding Hinge to serve new geographic and demographic audiences. This role will specifically be embedded in the Monetization team, which is focused on paid features like Hinge+, HingeX, Boost, and Roses. This team works on some of Hinge’s most high-priority and high-impact projects.
Design at Hinge is part of the Product team; you will join a close-knit group of designers and work closely with Research, Product Managers, Data Science, Business Intelligence, Brand, Community, and Engineering to craft innovative experiences combined with best-in-class practices in this space. As a key member of this team, you’ll report into the Design Director of Growth.
As designers at Hinge, we aspire to craft elegant experiences through intuitive and beautiful interfaces. We measure success not only by metrics, but by the fulfillment of the promise we make to our users: deletion of the app.
- Take ownership and work independently on a few projects at a time across multiple areas of the app, in partnership with the Monetization team’s Lead Designer
- Projects for this role will include refining and expanding upon current paid experiences and launching new paid features.
- Design incredibly polished work that represents the Hinge brand and product experience through visual comps, wireframes, flows, prototypes, and presentations.
- Rapidly iterate and refine design concepts－from initial briefing through final delivery.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional partners to identify key design hypotheses and prioritize projects in the short and long term.
- Communicate design decisions in compelling and creative ways; bridge alignment across Hinge teams through high-fidelity prototypes and live presentations to cross-functional partners.
- Test, learn, and iterate on everything you do alongside your product and research peers.
- Be comfortable exploring the unknown using fresh and unique approaches to design problems.
- Engage in and inspire honest and clear communication, promoting a culture of care, empathy, and respect.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of product design, UI/UX design, visual design, or equivalent experience, including 2-3 years in a consumer-facing product design role in the mobile space.
- A bachelor’s degree or any combination of education, training, and experience in design, human-computer interaction, or a related field.
- Portfolio that demonstrates evidence of launching software at scale in a fast-paced product organization across multiple markets.
- You are highly motivated to learn new things about complex technology, cultural and demographic nuances, and their impact on various user experiences.
- Experience with monetization, subscription services or commerce is highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently to explore concepts from beginning to end, yet also crave healthy feedback loops with your ideas.
- Deep organization and execution skills, especially in collaboration with multiple stakeholders, articulating high-level team goals and connecting your work to larger team or company initiatives.
- A high-level of craftsmanship when it comes to UI.
- Outstanding attention to detail with a proven track record of working within and contributing to a design system.
- Experience working with consumer research and data.
- Proficient in Figma, including high-fidelity prototyping and component libraries.
- Passionate and curious about how design can be leveraged to improve users’ ability to find and maintain romantic connections.
- What is not Required: You do not have to have an advanced degree to apply; we are open to equivalent practical experiences. Also, you do not have to be an expert in algorithmic or machine-learning methodologies to apply. Expertise in design craft and product thinking, desire to create solutions that fundamentally change behavior and solve problems, and motivation to continue growing is what we are looking for.
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy:
401(k) Matching: We match 100% of the first 10% of pre-tax 401(k) contributions you make, up to a maximum of $10,000 per year.
Professional Growth: Get a $3,000 annual Learning & Development stipend once you’ve been with us for three months. You also get free access to Udemy, an online learning and teaching marketplace with over 6000 courses, starting your first day.
Parental Leave & Planning: When you become a new parent, you’re eligible for 100% paid parental leave (20 paid weeks for both birth and non-birth parents.)
Fertility Support: You’ll get easy access to fertility care through Carrot, from basic treatments to fertility preservation. We also provide $10,000 toward fertility preservation. You and your spouse/domestic partner are both eligible.
Date Stipend: All Hinge employees receive a $100 monthly stipend for epic dates– Romantic or otherwise. Hinge Premium is also free for employees and their loved ones.
ERGs: We have eight Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)—Asian, Unapologetic, Disability, LGBTQIA+, Vibras, Women/Nonbinary, Parents, and Remote—that hold regular meetings, host events, and provide dedicated support to the organization & its community.
At Hinge, our core values are…
Authenticity: We share, never hide, our words, actions and intentions.
Courage: We embrace lofty goals and tough challenges.
Empathy: We deeply consider the perspective of others.
Diversity inspires innovation
Hinge is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe success is created by a diverse workforce of individuals with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds.
If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.