People Business Partner, Principal
People & HR
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2023
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted
In today's digital world, finding genuine relationships is tougher than ever. At Hinge, we’re on a mission to inspire intimate connection to create a less lonely world. We’re obsessed with understanding our users’ behaviors to help them find love, and our success is defined by one simple metric– setting up great dates. With tens of millions of users across the globe, we’ve become the most trusted way to find a relationship, for all.
About the Role:
The Hinge team is looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to join the People Team. This role will be critical in driving the implementation of the Hinge People strategy.
This person will be responsible for consulting with the business to ensure our leaders and employees are equipped to lead us into the future. In partnership with the People Leadership Team, they will co-design and implement the People strategy, systems, processes and capabilities within the organization to drive talent management, organizational and leadership development. This person will provide their People expertise to coach, diagnose, and solve problems that directly impact the success of Hinge.
- Develop trusted relationships with people leaders and employees by being a champion of Hinge’s company principles and an advocate for employees.
- Provide strategic and consultative solutions to leaders across Hinge to drive team and organizational effectiveness.
- Analyze business/people operations and processes, interview employees to identify developmental needs, and share their insights with the broader People Leadership Team to influence strategic focus areas.
- Infuse and drive diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging into Hinge’s People practices.
- Manage employee relations cases and investigations including performance management, conflict resolution, and employee concerns.
- Support leadership in driving action planning of employee engagement survey feedback across their teams and track measurable and meaningful progress.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Build compliance into all you do, including maintaining documentation around all employee relations and performance issues, off-boarding and legal matters.
- Use data to make informed recommendations in talent management and organizational development.
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years of relevant experience within HR.
- Experience in a Tech-driven or fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational development background (Team Effectiveness, Project Management, Coaching).
- Foundational understanding of HR analytics and experience with HR systems and tools.
- Effective communication skills, including influencing to support innovation.
- Highly collaborative work style.
- Strong ability to consistently vacillate between strategy and operation efficacy.
- Resourceful, inventive, self-motivated and able to independently lead.
- Ability to coach, mentor and advise where appropriate to help employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals.
- Has experience with change management, engagement and team effectiveness.
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy:
401(k) Matching: We match 100% of the first 10% of pre-tax 401(k) contributions you make, up to a maximum of $10,000 per year.
Professional Growth: Get a $3,000 annual Learning & Development stipend once you’ve been with us for three months. You also get free access to Udemy, an online learning and teaching marketplace with over 6000 courses, starting your first day.
Parental Leave & Planning: When you become a new parent, you’re eligible for 100% paid parental leave (20 paid weeks for both birth and non-birth parents.)
Fertility Support: You’ll get easy access to fertility care through Carrot, from basic treatments to fertility preservation. We also provide $10,000 toward fertility preservation. You and your spouse/domestic partner are both eligible.
Date Stipend: All Hinge employees receive a $100 monthly stipend for epic dates– Romantic or otherwise. Hinge Premium is also free for employees and their loved ones.
ERGs: We have eight Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)—Asian, Unapologetic, Disability, LGBTQIA+, Vibras, Women/Nonbinary, Parents, and Remote—that hold regular meetings, host events, and provide dedicated support to the organization & its community.
At Hinge, our core values are…
Authenticity: We share, never hide, our words, actions and intentions.
Courage: We embrace lofty goals and tough challenges.
Empathy: We deeply consider the perspective of others.
Diversity inspires innovation
Hinge is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe success is created by a diverse workforce of individuals with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds.
If you require reasonable accommodation to complete a job application, pre-employment testing, or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.