Technical Talent Acquisition & Planning Lead
IT, People & HR
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2023
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted
In today's digital world, finding genuine relationships is tougher than ever. At Hinge, we’re on a mission to inspire intimate connection to create a less lonely world. We’re obsessed with understanding our users’ behaviors to help them find love, and our success is defined by one simple metric– setting up great dates. With tens of millions of users across the globe, we’ve become the most trusted way to find a relationship, for all.
About the Role
As Hinge’s Talent Partner, you’ll be responsible for driving and evolving the full Talent Acquisition life-cycle, sourcing through handoff to onboarding, to provide a best-in-class hiring experience for candidates, hiring managers, and collaborators across the business. This role acts as a strategic member of Hinge’s People Operations Team and is responsible for talent attraction, candidate engagement, interview facilitation & evaluations, and offer negotiations, as well as the constant improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of Hinge’s hiring ecosystem.
Beyond hiring, you will be a key collaborator in the Strategic Talent Planning process and will work closely with Business leaders, People Operations Partners (POP) and Hinge’s Organizational Effectiveness (OE) team to help forecast and predict staffing needs to support Hinge’s long term strategy. This role requires exceptional stakeholder management skills, and you will be expected to act as a trusted partner and advisor to discipline leads across the business, Hinge’s People Leadership team, and HR partners.
- Manage full life-cycle candidate recruitment experience from initial contact through handoff to onboarding, including but not limited to, pre-screening, interview preparation, debriefing, offer negotiations, etc.
- Partner with business leaders and People Operations Partners in implementing Talent Planning efforts to ensure our organization’s resourcing needs are met and deployed against our company-wide objectives.
- Forecast and roadmap short and long term hiring plans that adhere to our business strategy, in addition to managing expectations around hiring pace.
- Collaborate with our POP Team to determine capability gaps, deployable talent opportunities, and areas we need to build, buy or borrow.
- Design strategies to attract, assess, develop, and retain top-tier talent.
- Lead special projects/initiatives, and take ownership of emerging initiatives within Talent Acquisition, that have high visibility and impact across the People Team and organization.
- Develop trusting relationships with hiring managers to advise on approach, strategy and market nuances in order to facilitate a best-in-class hiring experience.
- Source and engage with a dynamic and diverse pool of candidates, as well as amplify Hinge’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Engage with third party talent vendors, when needed, and practice high-level of vendor management, monitoring and analyzing sourcing metrics and close rates.
- Design compensation packages, with use of internal and external benchmark data, and effectively communicate short and longer term compensation incentives during offer and negotiation conversations.
- Foster a positive external candidate and internal hiring experience that exemplifies our mission of being the most fulfilling place to work in Tech.
What We’re Looking For:
- 6+ years of talent acquisition experience. 3+ years experience within a consumer-facing tech environment, partnering with Engineering, AI / MLE or Data Science teams.
- Experience in building strategic hiring practices, determining hiring pace and financial headcount forecasting.
- Experience in Talent Management, Capacity Planning and Organizational Design is preferred.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret data, identify trends and catch the fine details.
- A track record of managing up, influencing peers and stakeholders, all while operating with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Experience building and communicating complex compensation packages, and negotiating offers with a level of foresight, discretion, and empathy.
- You’re a systems thinker with experience in project and program management, and you’re passionate about enabling your peers while upholding consistent standards of excellence for others.
- You’re a clear and responsive communicator; you have a passion for an outstanding and memorable hiring experience.
- You maintain composure in fast-paced, high-pressure environments.
- You have strong organizational skills, demonstrate a high level of efficiency and ability to manage operations with precision & consistency.
- Proficient in Google platforms, Slack and Excel. Experience with Lever, GoodTime and Workday preferred.
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy:
401(k) Matching: We match 100% of the first 10% of pre-tax 401(k) contributions you make, up to a maximum of $10,000 per year.
Professional Growth: Get a $3,000 annual Learning & Development stipend once you’ve been with us for three months. You also get free access to Udemy, an online learning and teaching marketplace with over 6000 courses, starting your first day.
Parental Leave & Planning: When you become a new parent, you’re eligible for 100% paid parental leave (20 paid weeks for both birth and non-birth parents.)
Fertility Support: You’ll get easy access to fertility care through Carrot, from basic treatments to fertility preservation. We also provide $10,000 toward fertility preservation. You and your spouse/domestic partner are both eligible.
Date Stipend: All Hinge employees receive a $100 monthly stipend for epic dates– Romantic or otherwise. Hinge Premium is also free for employees and their loved ones.
ERGs: We have eight Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)—Asian, Unapologetic, Disability, LGBTQIA+, Vibras, Women/Nonbinary, Parents, and Remote—that hold regular meetings, host events, and provide dedicated support to the organization & its community.
At Hinge, our core values are…
Authenticity: We share, never hide, our words, actions and intentions.
Courage: We embrace lofty goals and tough challenges.
Empathy: We deeply consider the perspective of others.
Diversity inspires innovation
Hinge is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe success is created by a diverse workforce of individuals with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds.