Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, November 6, 2023
This position will assist with implementation of Match Group's security and executive protection action policies, procedures and directives at our two West Hollywood offices. The Security Specialist will carry out directives of the Manager to ensure that security staff is trained and adheres to the policies and procedures outlined in the Protection Manual as well as the job responsibilities detailed below.
Know where you belong.
Match Group is a leading provider of dating products across the globe. Our portfolio includes Tinder, Match, Hinge, PlentyOfFish, The League, and others, each designed to spark meaningful connections for singles worldwide. Creating a sense of belonging doesn’t stop at our products - it’s the foundation of every team we hire.
***Must be able to work four ten hours shifts overnight (8PM to 6AM)***
How you'll make an impact:
- You are responsible for providing a safe and secure environment in a professional manner. You must handle public interaction with disorderly or disruptive people.
- You will assist in close protection, risk management, event security, and security operational planning.
- You will enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance.
- You will display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- You will write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports.
- You will mentor and train security officers to effectively handle emergency response and protection of corporate executives.
- You will assist in threat assessments, risk analysis, site surveys, and crisis management.
- You will effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- You will safeguard confidential information and materials and understand the necessity to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the work environment.
- You will coordinate with the Security Manager to establish goals, objectives, and then ensure these are properly communicated to staff.
- You will comply with all procedures, rules and regulations set forth by the Department head.
- You will perform concierge duties including, guest registry, report writing, building access and video surveillance.
- You will operate the Fire Safety Command Station to make announcements and acknowledge alarms.
- While primarily assigned to respond to the above responsibilities, it is expected that, should the need arise, you will respond to threats and any real or perceived threats of violence and make notification to the appropriate first-response agency.
We could be a match if:
- You are a former California Peace Officer (as authorized by California Penal Code 830), having retired and credentialed in good standing.
- You are available to work a regular schedule, which may include daytime and/or nighttime shifts, plus overtime on an as-needed basis.
- You have 3+ years of related experience in Law Enforcement, Executive Protection, Military or Security.
- As condition of continued employment, you must maintain current active status of all required CA BSIS Security and First Aid/CPR certifications.
- You have completed an Executive Protection training course or equivalent certification.
- You have excellent organizational, leadership, communication and time management skills.
- You have strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- You have the ability to qualify and be issued a security officer licensure in all areas.
- You have computer literacy in MS Office, Word, Email.
Applicants must pass pre-screening process including a background investigation.
The Essential Physical & Mental Functions of this role:
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones.
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet).
- Climb stairs and ramps, occasionally during shift.
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties, occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds and running as needed.
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination.
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments.
- Must be willing to follow chain of command and established security procedures.
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports on the computer.
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment).
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 15 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.