Data Scientist I, Revenue
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
The Data Science & Analytics team thrives on data-driven insights to make more informed decisions through our insights into our member’s behavior, preferences, and common trends. We take ownership over the integrity of our data and work to improve data literacy across Tinder.
We are seeking a passionate and motivated Data Scientist I to join our growing Revenue team. In this role you will partner with Revenue, Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Finance to accelerate improvements to our platform. The ideal candidate is both passionate about the intersection of online dating and economics and comfortable digging deep into financial data to uncover trends and patterns. This role will operate under the Revenue branch of Tinder and will focus on data related to finance, pricing, and paid-feature
Where you'll work:
This position can be located in Los Angeles or San Francisco, CA.
In this role, you will:
- Digest large, complex transaction datasets into distilled analytics that help the business identify new opportunities.
- Quickly investigate KPI movements in an evolving global dataset, disentangling correlation and causation to communicate resolutions efficiently.
- Collaborate closely with strategy and finance teams to study worldwide online dating trends and provide detailed market research to guide pricing decisions.
- Drive ownership of your own projects while balancing speed of execution and business value
- Be an authority on where and how to organize our data and readily share insights with data scientists, product managers, and finance leaders as well as at a company level.
- Define and operationalize the detailed tracking of company-wide, team-specific, and product-specific performance metrics via rollout tables, dashboards, and automated reporting.
- Expertise with SQL and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Mode, Databricks)
- Ability to join multiple tables and data sources into an aggregated form that drives business understanding
- Ability to design and execute complex A/B tests and statistical experiments on large datasets
- Experience with a scripting language (Python, R, and/or Spark) and respective data analysis libraries
- Eagerness to improve our data infrastructure and how we report analytics to the broader organization
- Comfort using descriptive statistics
- Curiosity of how things work, from both a business and technical perspective
- A collaborative growth mindset with a dedication to community-based projects and partnerships
- Experience working on data related to finance and/or subscription business models is a plus
As part of the team, you'll enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents), family forming benefits, and Milk Stork, which provides access to breast milk shipping for business travel, surrogacy, and employee relocation
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, BetterHelp, and Insight Timer; paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei