Tax Technology & Audit Manager
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Match Group is looking to add a Tax Technology & Audit Manager to our Corporate Tax team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and supporting Indirect Tax technology initiatives as well as managing Indirect tax audits. This role reports to the Director, Indirect Tax. It will have regular interaction with accounting, legal, finance and treasury team members.
Know where you belong. Match Group is a leading provider of dating products across the globe. Our portfolio includes Tinder, Match, Hinge, PlentyOfFish, The League, and others, each designed to spark meaningful connections for singles worldwide. Creating a sense of belonging doesn’t stop at our products - it’s the foundation of every team we hire.
When it comes to dating, the connection starts online, but the real magic happens once you meet in real life (IRL). We think the same is true for creating the best platforms, so we work together IRL in our Dallas office 3 days/week.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will identify tax technology needs, including opportunities for process improvements, automation, efficiency gains and application of tax process and technology best practices through the use of existing technology and the implementation of new technology.
- You will serve as technology liaison with various internal partners for strategic initiatives.
- You will lead the maintenance of the tax systems necessary to ensure proper tax collection and reporting.
- You will configure and maintain the ERP Tax Integration with OneSource Indirect Tax Determination. You will troubleshoot tax calculation issues and ensure that all systems are tested for accuracy and completeness.
- You will demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex sales tax concepts and effectively apply knowledge to develop and maintain tax systems and data flow.
- You will optimize tax systems to utilize recent software enhancements and capabilities.
- You will manage and resolve complex tax audits and issues.
- You will assist the Tax Director with tax planning and risk assessment.
- You will partner with members of accounting and other finance functions, as well as a broad range of cross-functional business teams to surface tax issues, solve problems, and recommend solutions.
- You will perform research and provide analysis on a variety of sales and use tax inquiries to optimize Match Group’s products and minimize tax risk.
- You will develop indirect tax operational processes, focusing on controls, automation, efficiency, and analytics.
- You will manage new changes in applicable sales/use/gross receipts tax laws and understand how they impact the current business.
We could be a match if:
- You have a BA or BS in Accounting, Finance, related area, or equivalent industry experience (Masters of Tax or CPA, a plus).
- You have 8+ years of indirect tax experience including 3+ years of managing staff
- You have strong tax research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- You have experience evaluating tax implications of company activities and developing strategies to minimize tax obligations.
- You are able to identify and address tax inefficiency opportunities.
- You have experience advising upper management on tax matters, future changes to tax regulations and possible impact to the organization.
- You have high level multi-state Sales and Use tax understanding along with global indirect taxes (VAT/GST/DST).
- You have experience working with large volumes of data.
- You have experience with ERP, preferably Workday.
- You are proficient with OneSource and Alteryx preferred.
- You have proven project management and organizational skills with the experience to prioritize multiple competing tasks in a dynamic environment
- You have a mentality that balances individual ownership and accountability with collaboration and partnership.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 15 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.