Tax Provision and Compliance Manager
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Match Group is looking to add a Tax Provision and Compliance Manager to our Corporate Tax team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the global accounting for income taxes and the Federal income tax compliance. This role reports to the Director, Tax Reporting & Compliance. It will have regular interaction with accounting, legal, finance and treasury team members.
Know where you belong. Match Group is a leading provider of dating products across the globe. Our portfolio includes Tinder, Match, Hinge, PlentyOfFish, The League, and others, each designed to spark meaningful connections for singles worldwide. Creating a sense of belonging doesn’t stop at our products - it’s the foundation of every team we hire.
When it comes to dating, the connection starts online, but the real magic happens once you meet in real life (IRL). We think the same is true for creating the best platforms, so we work together IRL in our Dallas office 3 days/week.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will manage and review the consolidated quarterly and annual tax provisions under ASC 740. This includes the worldwide effective tax rate, deferred taxes, uncertain tax positions, valuation allowances and tax footnote.
- You will prepare quarterly tax provision memoranda.
- You will maintain SOX controls documentation and processes. This includes coordination with outside service providers and external auditors.
- You will manage and review all aspects of U.S. income tax compliance, including working with outside tax return preparers.
- You will manage quarterly Federal estimates and extension tax calculations and payments.
- You will work with the tax planning team to ensure proper purchase accounting and compliance reporting of M&A transactions.
- You will identify and support the implementation of process improvements.
We could be a match if:
- You have focused experience in tax accounting and reporting.
- You have 5+ years of experience in public accounting and/or multinational corporation.
- You have a J.D. or you are a CPA. Masters in Tax preferred.
- You have critical thinking skills with experience recognizing and evaluating tax issues.
- You have the ability to communicate effectively with team members.
- You have interest in helping the growth of team members.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating a “yes, if” mindset.
- You have the ability to manage and execute many projects.
- You have experience with OneSource Tax Provision.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 15 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.