Engagement Lifecycle Manager
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
The core engagement team at Tinder covers all user-facing communication to our users, so we are always looking to polish, refine, and redefine how we contact those using the app. We work closely with all teams to ensure that their work gets showcased to the right members of Tinder, and communicated out in all the countries and languages where the app is available. Our CRM lifecycle series and events are changing the way in which our members interact with each other, and we have front row seats to help craft that process. Our team has the most number of AB tests and projects being worked on at any time at Tinder and try to test often and test smart to grow our understanding of our members. The team knows how to work hard while ensuring that we also focus on energies smartly towards the highest priority tasks and campaigns.
The Engagement Lifecycle Manager works on making sure members on the Tinder app have the best experience possible. You will be working closely with other product teams to ensure their features are highlighted and communicated through our engagement channels (email, push notification, in-app pop-ups) to help increase visibility and adoption. This position also plays a strategic role in ensuring that we support Tinder members throughout the various phases of their lifecycle while on Tinder. Being able to quickly AB test and iterate on campaigns as well as communicate those results and next steps to other teams are important skills needed to flourish with the engagement team.
In this role you will:
- Be the problem-solver first in line to help keep everything on track and drive the project from conception through execution, keeping all teams up to date on progress.
- Be a crucial member to the team in ensuring campaigns are set up and deployed correctly to help to increase engagement and reduce churn.
- Coordinate with internal partners (marketing / product managers / engineering) to ensure timely planning, creation, and deployment of all campaigns
- Own day-to-day communication and project coordination with internal clients
- Supervise Engagement dashboards and report findings with the team
- Execute and report results of A/B and multivariate tests
- Proactively find opportunities for process improvement and reducing execution complexity
- Support product managers in managing expectations for project results, handling partner communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project management
We're looking for:
- 2+ years of engagement experience (preferably with list sizes 150,000+)
- Eye for detail to ensure campaigns and projects are up to specifications and out on time
- Proven understanding of the app space and able to collaborate with business, design, engineering and product management
- Experience with enterprise level Engagement platform (Leanplum, Braze, Urban Airship)
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM, GDPR and opt- in and opt-out practices.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface effectively with other departments
- Solid understanding of HTML, SQL, Sketch
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and keep up with a large volume of tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for collaboration and working in a team environment
As a full-time employee, you’ll enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents) and family forming benefits
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei