Principal Product Designer
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
We’re looking for a seasoned design leader who is most comfortable leading by doing. Reporting directly to the VP of Design, you’ll be responsible for establishing, driving and delivering a vision across the product to help people find authentic and meaningful connections.
This is a hybrid role and requires in-office collaboration three days per week. This position is located in Los Angeles, San Francisco or Palo Alto CA.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and lead the product vision across our most difficult areas, ensuring our experiences are delightful, intuitive and useful
- Establish and set the standard for quality across the entire design team
- Represent the highest levels of design partnership and quality at Tinder and in the industry
- Mentor and grow the global design team, assist with recruiting and contribute to the culture of design at Tinder
What we’re looking for:
- A recognized craftsperson of the highest order, able to deliver simple and delightful product designs through active making and partnership
- A masterful storyteller, able to tell stories that inspire, explain and bring others along
- Able to mentor, coach and guide other team members to meet and exceed a high bar for design excellence
- 12+ years of ability shipping thoughtful and impactful digital experiences at scale
- Deep expertise in partnering cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Design, Research, and Marketing teams
- Expert-level knowledge and experience related to customer-centric product development processes
- Experience leading large cross-functional collaborations with internal partners and 3rd parties/vendors
- Strong communication skills, ability to independently draft and present deliverables, recommendations and strategies
As a full-time employee, you’ll enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents) and family forming benefits
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei