Marketing Coordinator, Australia (6-month Fixed Term)
Marketing & Communications
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
At Tinder, we believe in...
• Member Safety: Our top priority is to build an authentic, equitable, and respectful community
• Diversity: We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members
• Authenticity + Collaboration: We encourage authenticity to nurture a trustworthy, collaborative environment
• Big Ideas: We champion and rally behind big ideas, empowering people to think and act differently and to be unafraid of having a strong point of view
• Innovation: We never stand still; we’re inspired to build for what’s next, and we must constantly innovate, experiment, and learn
Are you passionate about Gen Z culture, tech, and innovative marketing? Are you excited about sparking new, meaningful connections for people?
Then look no further. We seek an enthusiastic individual to join our mission and grow Tinder in Australia. This is a 6-month fixed-term due to start as soon as possible. This versatile role works across Marketing, Business, Communications/PR, Product and Creative teams. Let us know your passions and how you can support Tinder to win Gen Z hearts across Australia.
You will work on a global brand that has sparked more new connections than any other dating app and learn from leading industry experts. You will work on projects that push the envelope of brand marketing; from TikTok to brand campaigns, from offline events to brand partnerships.
In this position you will:
- Research and monitor trends within dating, app marketing, and Gen Z culture
- Assist the Tinder Australia team with planning, execution, and analysis of innovative growth and marketing strategies
- Prepare decks and review documents on strategic projects
- Feed into Tinder’s official social media and social-first campaigns, including TikTok, Snapchat, and Instagram
- Communicate with Tinder’s agencies and Tinder employees across the world
- Manage a marketing budget and liaise with finance and legal teams for contracts and invoicing
- Project management/liaising with key agency teams and managing timelines and workflow across key projects.
- General admin work supporting Australia
- A passion for marketing, marketing trends, and audience insight
- Early marketing experience or entry-level
- A good understanding of Australian youth culture
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Word & Excel
- Highly organized with proven administrative skills and a high attention to detail
- Hardworking and enthusiastic
- Ability to learn quickly and use initiative
- Team player with the ability to build working relationships at all levels
- Good communication skills
- Digital marketing knowledge is a plus
- English required
- Someone with the right to live & work in Australia