Sr. Corporate Counsel
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2023
Match Group is a leading provider of dating products available globally. Our portfolio includes Hinge, Tinder, The League, Match, OkCupid, PlentyOfFish, and many others, each designed to help singles find a meaningful connection.
As a Sr. Corporate Counsel on our Match Group Business Affairs and Legal team, you will be responsible for providing day-to-day commercial and contractual support to our Match Group corporate and shared services functions, as well as to our Emerging & Evergreen brands.
This position reports to the Senior Director & Senior Counsel for Match Group Corporate and Emerging & Evergreen brands. The role will be based in either our Dallas or New York office. This role is a hybrid position where you will work in the office three days a week.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will draft, revise and negotiate various day-to-day commercial agreements, including consulting, SaaS, technology, data processing, payments, analytics, research, media, licensing, development, product integration, supply, events, and other general vendor and operations agreements.
- You will advise and manage workflow process improvement, playbook development, client training, and template management to address the evolving needs of a growing organization.
- You will help in supporting our growing central procurement function by serving as a key legal thought partner.
- You will manage contracts involving new and emerging technologies that raise novel legal issues.
- You will assist in administration of corporate policies and procedures, such as vendor security, privacy compliance, and contract approval.
We could be a match if:
- You have a law degree from an accredited law school and admission (or in-house eligibility) to practice law in New York, California or Texas.
- You have a minimum 4 years’ experience, preferably with a top law firm and an in-house legal department.
- You have experience drafting and negotiating a range of complex commercial contracts for B2C companies, including SaaS and other tech contracts.
- You are curious, action-oriented, creative, and are apt to work collaboratively both within a broader legal team and across diverse business teams.
- You have strong fact-finding, drafting, negotiating, writing and research skills.
- You have the leadership acumen and credibility to inspire confidence among business clients in a high growth business and an approachable, friendly and patient demeanor.
What's the team like?
- Corporate Counsels who succeed on this team are strategic thinkers and self-starters who can simultaneously manage multiple demands and shifting priorities within a fast-paced, and rapidly evolving environment.
- Our team members work collaboratively but also independently with minimal supervision.
- Our team provides business-friendly counsel and acts as a true partner to internal business clients, enabling initiatives and finding solutions.
- Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds and are self-described as collegial, friendly, highly collaborative, upbeat, well-liked, and hard-working.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 15 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.