Director Product, Labs
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2023
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
The Director of Product Labs will work on Tinder’s cutting edge of ideas and features. This leader will keep up to date with the most relevant social and technological trends and develop a perspective on how Tinder can leverage them for the future of dating. As Director of Product, Labs you will coordinate multiple teams to rapidly ideate, prototype and test new ideas and features that help grow Tinder’s impact and value.
In this role, you will:
- Lead Lab Teams: Manage and lead a series of small, agile Lab teams dedicated to exploring innovative and experimental concepts at Tinder.
- Ideation and Challenge Solving: Foster a culture of creativity and innovation within your teams. Encourage the generation of blue-sky ideas and new approaches to addressing dating-related challenges.
- Idea Intake and Evaluation: Develop efficient systems for capturing, evaluating, and prioritizing potential ideas. Identify high-impact opportunities and determine the necessary actions to realize their potential.
- Prototype Development: Assign selected ideas to teams and oversee the prototyping process. Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to develop usable native prototypes for user testing.
- Team Management: Lead and mentor cross-functional teams, ensuring they work cohesively to deliver high-quality prototypes. Create an environment that encourages collaboration, creativity, and experimentation.
- Operational Oversight: Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the Labs division while remaining actively involved in project execution. Be in the trenches with your teams, providing guidance and support.
- 8+ years of product management in a high-growth consumer tech company
- Proven track record of driving innovation initiatives in a product management capacity.
- Familiarity with innovative technologies and trends, especially those relevant to social space/industry.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and motivating fast-paced, cross-functional teams.
- Ability to provide clear direction, set priorities, and ensure teams meet their objectives.
- University degree, ideally with technical or business background or a mix of education and experience
- Deliver QoQ results from your roadmap, and orchestrate adoption of new technologies, processes, and tools across the organization
- Proficiency in user experience, and user research methodologies
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a fast-paced, lab-style environment
- Experience delivering high fidelity, native prototypes
- Experience scaling new ideas across large, global user bases
As a full-time employee, you’ll enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10% , Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents), family forming benefits, and Milk Stork, which provides access to breast milk shipping for business travel, surrogacy, and employee relocation
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, BetterHelp, and Insight Timer; paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei