Engineering Team Lead
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2003, Plenty of Fish is one of the early pioneers in the online dating industry, with one of the largest and most diverse communities of singles. We're one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge and Match.com).
We love what we do, and have the ability to profoundly impact millions of people's lives every single day! Named one of BC’s Top Employers, Plenty of Fish is a great place to build friendships, grow your career and collaborate with top talent.
We work hybrid at Plenty of Fish - IRL in our downtown Vancouver office Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and work remotely the remainder of the week!
We are looking for an experienced hands on Engineering Team Lead for our Trust & Safety team at Plenty Of Fish. The Trust & Safety team plays a critical role by promoting safe online and offline behavior for our members and ensures that interactions between our members are true, honest, and with real people. In this role you will be responsible for delivering new product features, creating and maintaining systems, triaging issues, evaluating new technologies, and planning the strategic direction of the engineering team.
So, what will you do?
- Manage a cross functional team of engineers, including full-stack, mobile, database, etc.
- Establish and manage project plans, timelines, schedules, team structure and resourcing
- Contribute to hands-on development as well as being the thought leader for designing systems within your domain
- Own business and operational metrics for your team’s domain
- Ensure high quality and timely releases of features/products to market
- Increase end to end efficiency of the software development life cycle and focusing team on delivery & quality
- Support the creation and ongoing communication of a technical vision for your team’s domain
- Develop management systems for team’s domain
- Lead all aspects of your team’s development and growth; evaluating individual and team performance
- Research and advocate for the adoption of industry standard tools and technologies
- Foster a sense of community amongst the team and within the larger Vancouver tech market
You'll be a match for this role if you have..
- Minimum of 7 years software development experience with at least 2 years in a technical leadership capacity
- 1 + year(s) of experience managing people and projects with a proven track record of successful and timely delivery
- Good understanding of architectural patterns and ability to to design systems to solve complex problems at scale
- Experience with .NET Core, Domain Driven Design, Micro-Services and Event Driven systems
- Experience with at least one client platform - Android, iOS, or React
- Commercial experience with consumer product development (B2C)
- Demonstrable experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communication skills
**We would love to hear from you, even if you don't match 100% of the requirements**
Why Plenty of Fish?
• We're recognized as one of BC's Top Employers 2023!
• Generous vacation, flex days, professional development days
• RRSP matching, and employee stock purchase plan
• Professional development budget and unlimited access to Udemy from day one
• Match Group mentorship program
• Parental leave top up and fertility preservation benefits
• Extended health & dental benefits from day one
• Corporate ClassPass membership and other wellness benefits
• And many more on our careers page
• Be Proud - We own our ship. We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
• Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
• Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface thoughtful decisions.
• Crew Together - We're all working towards the same goals and win as a team.
Want To Dive Deeper?
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.