Accounting & Finance
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Match Group is a leading provider of dating products available globally. Our portfolio includes Tinder, Match, OkCupid, Hinge, PlentyOfFish, and others, each designed to help singles find a meaningful connection.
As Senior Accountant, you will report to a Manager of Accounting and be responsible for general accounting duties involving journal entry development and input, balance sheet account reconciliations, financial statement analysis and a variety of special projects assigned by management.
***This role is a hybrid position. We work IRL in our Dallas office three days a week***
How you'll make an impact:
- You will prepare journal entries for month-end, quarter-end and year-end close and be responsible for account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts.
- You will review expenses to determine proper classification, timing and recognition.
- You will research variances in account balances and assist the finance team in explaining actuals to forecast differences.
- You will prepare schedules that support month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial reports.
- You will prepare roll-forward schedules for key accounts and ad hoc reports and analyses, as requested.
- You will assist in identifying potential process improvements, documenting new policies and procedures and contributing to a sound internal control environment.
- You will ensure that all duties performed follow U.S. GAAP, company policies and procedures, SEC, and SOX requirements.
- You will provide support as needed to internal and external auditors. Work on special projects as assigned by management.
We could be a match if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or related field.
- You have 7+ years prior accounting experience with demonstrated experience with general ledger accounting, monthly financial close and account reconciliations.
- You have a solid understanding of US GAAP principles.
- You have International and multi-currency exposure.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- You have the ability to work and research/resolve issues independently while multi-tasking and coordinating multiple conflict priorities.
- You have advanced Excel skills.
- You have fixed assets and lease experience.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 15 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.