Associate Product Manager, Trust & Safety
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 5, 2023
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
Our Product Managers help drive the vision and development of products and product solutions from conception to launch. Our team works on consumer-facing features and platform-level investments to deliver first class core user experience that meets Tinder’s business goals.
We are looking for an Associate Product Manager to join our Trust Integrity team. On this team, you will have the opportunity to build effective and scalable technologies to reduce online abuse, support safe product development efforts, and enable safer experiences for millions of users globally on Tinder.
Where you'll work:
This position can be located in Los Angeles,CA or San Francisco, CA.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate directly with the Sr. Product Manager, Designers, Data Scientists, and Engineers to deliver the moderation experience roadmap
- Advocate to build effective ways to keep our ecosystem safe from bad actors while reducing any harm resulting from our moderation efforts
- Define goals and key results that align with strategic vision. Gain consensus, work with Analytics to track results, and communicate progress in a way that amplifies the voice of our users, and influences product strategy and design
- Function as a hands-on contributor building project plans, identifying risks / mitigation plans, and making thoughtful technical and design tradeoffs to achieve key objectives
- Partner with Operations, and Policy / Legal teams to test moderation designs and ensure we’re solving pain points with moderation as we evolve our products
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of relevant experience - using product management lens to solve problems, or related experience addressing user safety issues (academic experience ok)
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts into clearly defined feature specifications
- Proactive, organized, and able to balance multiple priorities. Can manage large projects with cross-functional stakeholders and time-sensitive milestones
- Motivated self-starter and have excellent time-management skills
- Conviction to be an advocate for the Tinder member experience and safety
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Analytics, or a related field
Nice to have:
- Background in Trust & Safety
- Experience using data analytics tools
- Experience working with ML engineering teams
As a full-time employee, you’ll enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents) and family forming benefits
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei