Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
You’re not just a writer. You’re a design thinker, a storyteller. To you, microcopy isn’t just strings; it lives and breathes to guide users through their story. You’re a steadfast advocate for all things user experience — and you’re not shy about articulating content design’s role. In product and out, you balance brand voice with clarity; you strive for comprehension and consistency. Above all else, you recognize UX writing isn’t copywriting, and those cheeky little one-liners? They’re out. For good.
We pioneered the online dating industry as Match.com in 1995. Even though we’ve dropped the “.com”, Match is still bringing millions of singles together to find love. Creating a sense of belonging doesn’t stop at our products - it’s the foundation of every team we hire.
If you like what you’re reading, you might be Match’s next Content Designer. We’re looking for an experienced creative ready to shape intuitive and impactful experiences for our leading dating app.
When it comes to dating, the connection starts online, but the real magic happens once you meet in real life (IRL). We think the same is true for creating the best platforms, so we work together IRL in our Dallas, New York, or LA offices 3 days/week.
Day to day, you'll:
- Design and deliver clear, consistent, and empowering content experiences on an embedded and ad hoc basis. As a solo content designer, you’ll write, design, and iterate for existing user flows, new features, content frameworks, product naming, feature positioning, and more.
- Partner with Product, Design, Engineering, Marketing, and Brand to create, shape, and align content experiences across the Match product, email, and push campaigns.
- Advocate with words and action. You’ll demonstrate content design’s value by guiding features by journey mapping, guiding information architecture, weighing in on UX decisions, and codesigning with product designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Flex across several product pods and projects. Be comfortable prioritizing projects based on user impact and business needs. Once you’re settled, you might even explore content design work across the Match Group portfolio.
- Be a strategic and creative ally. Own Match’s brand voice and tone, and keep our Brand and Marketing teams in the know about all things product: Terminology, feature definitions, voice and tone, and key linguistic changes.
- Collaborate with CRM product managers to shape, create, and execute on Match email and push sends including discounts, new feature announcements, and lifecycle campaigns.
- Team up with researchers to validate key content design and design decisions, create research plans, and identify opportunities to test and measure content design decisions over time.
- Empower content design learning across cross-disciplinary teams.
- Proactively identify opportunities for content design impact.
We could be a Match if you have:
- 1+ yrs as a UX writer or content designer
- Experience writing for mobile apps, preferably consumer facing
- If possible, please include work samples with your resume.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 15 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.