VP Marketing, Europe
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, over 3 billion swipes per day, 20 million matches per day, and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. We are looking for a Regional leader for Europe. Marketing with proven experience leading a global brand across multiple countries. This person will oversee the growth of the Tinder business and brand in Europe. This is a high-impact role that will report directly to the Tinder CMO.
- Translate Tinder’s goals into multi-year integrated marketing strategies and campaigns for key markets in Europe
- Build, inspire, and lead a European marketing team to drive and execute GTM plans. Leads team in operating with a growth and team-first mindset, with clearly defined roles, career paths, succession plans, and employee success strategies
- Annual and quarterly marketing planning, including country investment strategies, regional partnerships, media strategy and marketing innovation
- Oversee the creation of impactful marketing collateral, content, and messaging that resonates with local audiences
- Deliver marketing efficacy against regional goals and fiscal management of regional budgets, measured in brand health and business growth.
- Responsible for regional operational structure, processes, headcount planning, performance reviews, and career development of the team. Builds, coaches, and retains a team of country managers
- Stay current on local consumer insights, product usage & needs, cultural nuances and user behavior.
- Maintain a metrics-driven framework to optimize spend allocation across our markets. Informed by competitive activity, revenue opportunities, product fit, and marketing ROI.
- With country leads, monitor the ongoing growth and business health of each country.
- Collaborate with Product to identify opportunities for better product market fit as it relates to needed feature sets, pricing, localisation.
- Partner with Comms to deliver proactive European PR strategies.
- Proven experience running a multi-country region and deep experience in building and shaping the world’s best consumer brands. Extra points if focused on youth, culture, or digital.
- Collaborate team player with great interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively cross-functionally
- Highly analytical with an ability to build data-informed business and marketing strategies.
- Scrappiness – the ability to accompany strategic instincts with a ‘sleeves rolled up’ clear sense of purpose, execution, and delivery – and fit with Tinder’s high energy, transparent and candid culture.
- A proven track record across all marketing disciplines possess specialized expertise and a comprehensive understanding of marketing.
- Experience in setting up team structures and processes to create maximum impact, communication clarity, and impact.
- The ability to set clear and challenging goals while committing the organization to improved performance; accountable, tenacious, and relentless about driving results.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; the ability to adapt nimbly, lead others, and create solutions through complex situations.
- Must be based in Dublin, Ireland and have the ability to travel to various European markets to work with the teams on the ground and to LA HQ.
Relationship & influence:
- A leader who is viewed by others as having a high degree of integrity and forethought in his/her approach to making decisions; the ability to act in a transparent and consistent manner while always taking into account what is best for the overall Tinder organization.
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- Encourages others to share the spotlight and visibly celebrates and supports the success of the team.
- Creates a sense of purpose/meaning for the team that generates followership beyond their own personality and engages others to the greater purpose for the organization as a whole.