Global Escalations Specialist
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. Your work here can change the world.
Our Global Escalations team, within the Member Experience org, is dedicated to supporting and protecting our user base. We are looking for a Global Escalations Specialist to help us handle member escalations spanning trust & safety and support policy.
Our Global Escalations team investigates safety issues, abuse, bugs & app functionality issues on the platform, along with enforcing Tinder's Community Guidelines and Terms of Service.
In this role you will:
- Protect our ecosystem, prevent fraudulent activity, enforce our TOS, and help improve the Tinder experience
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and drive our most sensitive complex escalations to resolution, spanning topics across Trust & Safety and member support
- Investigate bug and app functionality reports and work with Engineering to help them resolve issues
- Collect user feedback on new product and feature rollouts
- Be comfortable dealing with high pressure issues, gray areas and policy/process changes
- Address sensitive content issues (graphic content, hate speech, etc.)
- Communicate & co-ordinate with cross-functional partners across Member Experience, Engineering, Comms, Marketing, Legal, outsourced partner teams and more
- Contribute to or own organizational projects and consistently drive process improvements to support the team’s goals and objectives.
We're looking for:
- Minimum of 1+ years in a similar role
- Basic knowledge of Zendesk
- Ability to understand and summarize complex cases quickly
- Outstanding analytical skills and excellent judgment
- Highly flexible and adaptable
- Ability to multitask, keep up with large volumes of emails in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding time management and prioritization skills
- Quick learner
- Great teammate
- Tech savvy
- Strong attention to details
- Passion for helping people
- Ability to use critical thinking and logic to isolate and resolve issues
- Bachelor degree or higher or equivalent
As a full-time employee, you'll enjoy:
- PTO, 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents) and family forming benefits
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei