Corporate Counsel, Tinder
West Hollywood, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Match Group (MTCH) is seeking a motivated and talented attorney to join Match Group’s Tinder Legal Team. This position will be based in West Hollywood at Tinder’s offices, providing day-to-day legal support to our Tinder brand across the Americas, and will report to Tinder’s Director, Senior Counsel.
Know where you belong. Match Group is a leading provider of dating products across the globe. Our portfolio includes Tinder, Match, Hinge, PlentyOfFish, The League, and others, each designed to spark meaningful connections for singles worldwide. Creating a sense of belonging doesn’t stop at our products - it’s the foundation of every team we hire.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You will draft, revise and negotiate various commercial agreements, including partnership and distribution, marketing, sponsorship, promotional, production agreements, advertising insertion orders, communications, SaaS, technology, research, and general vendor related agreements, among others.
- You will provide legal support for various cross functional teams, including marketing, communications/PR, consumer insights, and business development and work closely and collaboratively with internal teams to achieve desired business outcomes.
- You will support our marketing and communications teams on various aspects of Tinder-branded marketing and PR campaigns and other promotional activities, as well as our consumer insights group with their research and analytics initiatives, including that you will provide counsel on campaigns from concepting through execution, and negotiate growth and distribution deals.
- You will advise on consumer-protection, advertising law, regulatory compliance, rights clearances, endorsement disclosures, etc.
- You will assist in administration of corporate policies and procedures, such as vendor security, privacy compliance and contract approval.
- You will work with internal counsel to establish, maintain and protect Match Group’s global trademark and general IP portfolio.
We could be a match if:
- You have a law degree from an accredited law school and admission (or in-house eligibility) to practice law in California.
- You have a minimum of four years' experience (preferred), with top law firm and in-house legal department experience (also preferred).
- You are curious, action oriented, creative, and are apt to work collaboratively both within a broader legal team and across diverse business teams.
- You have strong fact-finding, drafting, negotiating, writing and research skills.
- You have experience with marketing law, consumer protection issues, and drafting and negotiating marketing and tech transaction contracts; you have a general understanding of privacy, intellectual property, digital media, influencer endorsement regulations, and consumer internet industry; experience with music licensing and/or B2B aggregator and distribution partner deals would be an added bonus.
- You have the leadership acumen and credibility to inspire confidence among business clients in a high growth business and an approachable, friendly and patient demeanor.
What's the team like?
- This is a hybrid role based at Tinder’s West Hollywood office.
- Corporate Counsels who succeed on this team are strategic thinkers and self-starters who can simultaneously manage multiple demands and shifting priorities within a fast-paced, and rapidly evolving environment.
- Team members work autonomously but also together to leverage knowledge and experience when appropriate.
- Team members are expected to provide business friendly counsel and act as true partners to their internal business clients, enabling initiatives and finding solutions.
- Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds and are self-described as collegial, friendly, highly collaborative, upbeat, well-liked, and hard-working.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 15 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.