Product Marketing Lead (Integrity & Special Projects)
Marketing & Communications, Product
West Hollywood, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
• Member Safety: Our top priority is to build an authentic, equitable, and respectful community
• Diversity: We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members
• Authenticity + Collaboration: We encourage authenticity to nurture a trustworthy, collaborative environment
• Big Ideas: We champion and rally behind big ideas, empowering people to think and act differently and to be unafraid of having a strong point of view
• Innovation: We never stand still; we’re inspired to build for what’s next, and we must constantly innovate, experiment, and learn
We’re looking for a strong, senior individual contributor to join the team as Product Marketing Lead, driving Global product marketing strategy and execution for the Integrity product pillar, as well as special projects. This role will be responsible for Trust & Safety products such as the popular Photo Verification feature, the Safety Center, and upcoming product launches. Additionally, this individual will drive product marketing strategy for special projects in areas such as social impact, cross Match Group initiatives, and more.
At the intersection of marketing, brand, and product, you’ll own go-to-market strategy for new product features, develop feature positioning & branding, and collaborate with global product, communications and marketing teams to drive app growth and feature adoption. You will also drive evergreen marketing strategies in support of existing features.
This is a perfect role for a hands-on, data-driven, consumer tech marketer that has an intuitive understanding of how to balance brand, business, and UX needs to get results. We’re looking for someone that can develop new processes and ways of working cross-functionally with marketing, product, comms, and insights to help us scale growth and elevate our in-app brand experience. This role is best suited for someone highly flexible and agile, who is willing to navigate across various product areas to build a cohesive product marketing strategy. This highly cross-functional role will report into the Director of Global Product Marketing based in NY.
In this role you will:
- Lead Global go-to-market strategy to drive feature awareness and adoption across the Integrity product areas and special projects. GTM responsibilities include:
- Partner with Brand, Product, and Creative teams to develop product feature strategy, including naming, positioning, and messaging that will resonate with our audiences and differentiate our products in the market.
- Build Global product marketing playbooks and assets in partnership with Creative, that reflect the needs of multiple regions across the world
- Collaborate with the Engagement team to develop and implement CRM marketing strategies that drive feature adoption in-app.
- Position and package our products for the Tinder community with a Tinder brand lens to ensure it is differentiated and special. Develop a member journey map and messaging that addresses prospects’ needs, struggles, and objections, as well as encourages them to take action. Partner with product and consumer insights on the testing framework (positioning and concepting) to check hypotheses and analyze results. Prioritize features in terms of importance to the consumer.
- Establish important metrics for all programs, build results forecasts, and track performance to ensure Marcom plans are delivering expected business outcomes: product adoption, retention, and user sentiment.
- Build a consistent and compelling narrative across channels and product lines, maintaining strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy plans
- Draw on qualitative and quantitative insights to understand product adoption, usage, and retention across customer segments
- Recommend new product ideas and marketing strategies
- Advise on competitive analyses and consumer research efforts to understand key consumer segments and define opportunities
- Partner with the Product team to help prioritize product development based on consumer and market research
- Partner with regional teams to advise on local product marketing campaigns
- Support regional marketing teams by advocating for their product needs and requests
- Own internal communication of product marketing initiatives
What we’re looking for:
- 5-8+ years of experience working in product marketing, leading full-funnel go-to-market strategies, preferably in consumer tech and mobile apps
- Experience working on brands with Global impact, and driving multi-regional marketing strategies
- Proven ability to deliver well-branded, fabulous consumer experiences and marketing strategies that drive business growth
- Passion for the consumer, able to advocate for consumer needs and develop consumer segmentation
- Excellent leadership, influencing and communication skills, with an ability to express high-level concepts efficiently and optimally to a wide range of audiences
- Highly collaborative and creative. Capable of leading cross-functional teams (especially product, marketing, and creative teams) to produce innovative solutions
- Fluency with key business and marketing analytics
- Experience partnering with Product, CRM, and Comms teams to deepen product understanding and retention among users
- Strong project management abilities to plan and implement complex cross-functional initiatives
- Experience working closely with Trust & Safety teams
- Experience working on brands within a company’s portfolio
As part of the team, you'll enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents), family forming benefits, and Milk Stork, which provides access to breast milk shipping for business travel, surrogacy, and employee relocation
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, BetterHelp, and Insight Timer; paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei